Killer Betrayals chapter 22

^^^^Because his poetry is absolutely amazing and he’s just as amazing if not more so! Check out his work, and I can pretty much guarantee you’ll love it as much as I do! :D

Music Video on side is Flyleaf “All Around Me,” cause I think it goes well and I <3 it! Plus it makes me think of @KeepTheRhythms poem “Umbrella” with all the colors running down in the background. xD

Anna’a POV

I sat there frozen in place while my mind scrambled to think of a way to explain the picture Reece was currently gripping like he wanted to choke the life out of it…if there was a life to choke that is…

“I-I can explain that,” I stuttered. My eyes felt like they were ready to bulge out of my head and I couldn’t help the continuous mental smacks I was giving myself.

Dear lord why hadn’t I hidden that better?

Common sense told me it was because of everything that had happened recently. It had just slipped my mind. Things tend to slip one’s mind after they’ve not only been bashed about the head but had their sister’s gravesite vandalized.

Another part of me wondered if I had wanted someone to find it though.  Standing alone all the time was…well lonely. It would be nice to have someone there to help me through all of this.

Someone who I could confide in for once…but was that person Reece?

Shaking my head in a vain attempt to clear it I immediately regretted the action as the room began to spin and the pounding intensified. I could feel the blood drain from my face as my body began to slump forward, defeated and broken.

“Anna!” I heard Reece call over the roar that was rushing through my ears, deafening and disorienting me.

I felt myself being lifted into a pair of strong, masculine arms and Reece’s warmth enveloped me, it surrounded me mingling with his intoxicating scent that drifted to my nostrils and I felt at peace even with my body acting out against me.

He felt like home. I had almost forgotten what that feeling was like…

Drifting through the air in his arms I felt like I was floating and truly free.  Sighing in contentment I allowed my eyes to flutter shut as my head lay cradled against his shoulder.

Moments later he set me on my bed and I felt everything crash back down around me. He was like my remedy, the only drug that could fully heal me.

My head began to throb again as tears seeped through my closed eyelids. I could sense him next to me and reached out to him blindly groping.

“Hold on Anna, I’ve got some water and Tylenol right here. Open up, there you go,” he gently cooed as he fed me the Tylenol then held the water to my lips as I greedily drank it down. “I’ll be right bac-“