Killer Betrayals chapter 1 (pic of Anna on side)

^^^^ To being my best friend and supporting me when I almost gave up! I love you!!!!

So this story starts out kind of intense, but it does brighten up a bit I promise! Please give it a chance, it's something I wrote as a short story for college but am currently working on expanding and editing. I would really appreciate some feedback as long as it's constructive, thanks!

Please Comment, Vote, Fan!!!!

Prologue

May 9, 2004

Her name was Eva. She grew up in a middle class home in the suburbs of Chicago. She was book smart, but sometimes common sense eluded her. Beautiful with expressive blue eyes and long blonde hair, she had a body that other girls envied, and boys were always aware of.

Eva was 18 years old when they found her discarded like an abandoned rag doll in a dumpster. Her beautiful blonde hair cut in a close jagged crop and her once beautifully expressive eyes blank and glazed over staring lifelessly at the sky. Its bright blue brilliance and warmth belying the horror and coldness of her death. Rays of sunlight reflected off her naked body where the brutality of her murder was evident.

We were told it was a quick death; we were told she probably didn't feel a thing. The first cut slashed across her neck hitting her jugular, ending it all. Many other stab wounds were inflicted after. Her killer was probably upset that she had died too soon, that he made a mistake. He shouldn't have started cutting at the throat, that's always risky.

I took all of this in, hidden in the shadows at the top of the stairs overlooking our front entryway. I had been awakened by the guttural, wrenching sobs my mom couldn't quite stifle. She was leaning heavily on my dad who is normally our rock in a crisis, but I could see the unnatural stiffness of his posture and the slight trembling that was racking his body.

The policeman was explaining it all, and looking rather uncomfortable. He explained again that it was over fast for her, like if he kept repeating it we would think it was all right then. But it wasn't all right.

I was fifteen years old at the time and nothing would ever be all right again. My sister was gone.

 We would never laugh or fight together again. She would never walk through the door again.  Hell, she would never wake up again.

And that thought is when I lost it, it was what shattered my already strained self-control, and what brought attention upon myself that I didn't want. Sobs shook through my frail body, I felt as though I would break into a million pieces any second.

 My parents rushed to me enveloping me in the warmth of their embrace. We were all lost now, there was no going back to our previously happy existence, because our family was now broken, missing an essential piece that we would never get back nor be able to replace.

7 Years Later

"Anna! I've been trying to call you all day!"

The voice of my best friend Debbie broke through my concentration and shot it all to hell. I had been studying hard for finals, and seemed to be the only one who was even near a textbook.