Killer Betrayals chapter 15 (slideshow)

^^^^ For taking the time to make me not 1 but 4 covers to choose from!!! Thank you so much!!! I’m posting the covers in a slideshow on the side so you can all see them, if you happen to like one better than the one I chose let me know and if I get a big enough response to another cover I’ll change it. :)

Please remember to vote and comment if you like this…It has so many reads, and not very many votes. :/  Next on the agenda, thanks to all of you who have stuck with this so far and any new readers who have made it this far! Your support means the world to me, so GROUP HUG!!!!

Was that weird….sorry… ;)

Jose POV  *GASP!*

Pain had overtaken my body, short circuiting my brain to any other thoughts.  I couldn’t take it.  Slowly I opened my eyes, taking in the complete and utter whiteness of my surroundings.  Where the hell was I, and why did I feel like this? 

I could feel a vice grip on my hand and heard a voice I hadn’t even known I had been missing. “Nurse! Nurse, he’s awake!!!” Rachel shouted.  Why is she shouting, why do I feel like I’ve been missing her for so long, and why is she calling for a nurse?  All of these thoughts began to break through the pain, leaving me feeling lost and confused.

I opened my mouth to speak, but ended up coughing instead.  My throat felt unbelievably dry and I would have killed for some water. 

Suddenly Rachel’s angelic face was hovering over mine; I could see the tears streaking down her cheeks and wanted so badly to wipe them away for her, to ask her why she was crying.  I hated seeing her upset, I always had.  I would do anything to make it so she never cried. 

Feeling something nudge against my mouth, I opened and felt the sweet elixir of water seep into my mouth and sighed in relief.  Making sure to drink every last drop, I finally felt as though I could speak again.

“Rachel…” Just then a nurse bustled in and I wanted to scream at the interruption.

“Mr. Martinez, you finally decided to join us again!” What did she mean by that? She must have noticed my confusion, because she continued.  “You were brought in a couple of weeks ago due to a bullet wound to the chest.  We almost lost you a couple of times, you gave us all quite a scare,” she told me with a caring smile. 

I couldn’t quite take in what she was telling me, my eyes searched until they fell upon Rachel and she gave me a sad smile and nodded.  How could all of this have happened without me being even the tiniest bit aware of it?

“Rachel, the boys…how are they?”  I needed to know that they were okay.  My family meant everything, and I could feel guilt beginning to consume me for worrying them so much.

“They’re alright.  Worried about their daddy and missing him, but otherwise alright,” she told me, giving me a look of complete understanding.  God I loved this woman.  I nodded in acknowledgment, and then I felt my brows furrow in confusion.  Where was Anna?  I know her too well to know that she would be here, probably blaming herself like an idiot for me being shot.  Voicing my question, I watched as Rachel’s face fell.  What was going on?  Did she get shot too?!  Is she okay?!

Rachel noticing my panic gripped my hand tighter, glancing at the nurse as if to get approval.  When the nurse shook her head slightly, I became even more determined to know. 

“What the hell is going on?!  I deserve to know, I’m not a fucking child!” I roared, only feeling slightly bad for causing the two women to jump in alarm.

“Jose, I really think this should wait until you’re…”

I abruptly cut Rachel off, “Tell me now,” I demanded leaving no room for further excuses.