Killer Betrayals chapter 14 (pic of Liam)

Hello my lovely readers!  Just a quick request before we get to the story.  Please check out my friends stories, they are new to the site and are very talented!  Their usernames are SunnyKirby and Bukfiddy.  They could really use some support! :)  Now, onto the story!

Liam’s POV

Derek, Debbie and I decided it would be fun to have another movie night with Anna tonight, so we had stopped to grab some pizza and wine along with a few comedies that we knew she would like.  We had been knocking on her door for a few moments with no response, and I was growing increasingly worried since her car was in the driveway and it was now dark out.  She should be answering.  It wasn’t that late so it was doubtful that she would be asleep. 

I could feel my anxiety climbing, and almost lost my mind when I heard a soft thump come from behind the door.  “What the hell was that?”

“What was what?”  Debbie questioned, while Derek looked at me oddly.

“I just heard something in there.  Debbie do you have a key?!” I knew I was probably overreacting, but I couldn’t help myself.  Something wasn’t right.

“Yeah, of course I do.”  I waited while she dug through her purse for what seemed like forever until I was ready to just bust the door down.  Right as I was bracing myself to ram the door, Debbie pulled a key out grinning triumphantly.  As worried as I was right now, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at her.  She was such a blonde.

She turned the key in the lock and as soon as I heard it click, I was shoving through it.  Flicking on a light, my heart stuttered and stopped in my chest before starting again trying to pound its way out.

Anna was lying on the floor, white as a sheet with blood surrounding her head.  She was utterly motionless, and I could barely distinguish the rise and fall of her chest.  Panic clawed its way through me as I stood there unbelieving.  Debbie’s shocked scream finally broke me from my trance and I saw Derek running to her yelling for us to call 911.

Grabbing at my pocket, I fumbled to pull out my phone and punched in the number before running over and dropping down next to Anna’s still form on the floor.

“911, what is your emergency?”

“My friend is unconscious and bleeding heavily. Please help her!” I knew I was panicking and needed to calm down, but couldn’t seem to control myself.

“Please calm down sir.  What is your location?” I rambled off Anna’s address, praying like I had never prayed before that she would be alright.

“Help is on the way, please just stay on the line until they arrive,” the operator requested.  I was so shaken up I hadn’t even taken note of whether the voice belonged to a male or female and couldn’t really care less.  I mumbled some sort of garbled reply and waited anxiously for the sound of the sirens to pierce the air.

I could hear Debbie sobbing in the background, and Derek uttering soothing words to Anna, even though she couldn’t hear him.  All the while I sat next to her, staring down and feeling shock seep into me, knowing with certainty that I had never felt so helpless in my entire life.

Reece’s POV

I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling like it could wisely solve all the problems of the universe when I heard the shrill sound of my cellphone ringing.  I contemplated ignoring it, and was relieved when it finally stopped.  The relief was short lived as it began again immediately.

Sighing, I reached onto my nightstand and picked it up, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion when I saw my work number flashing on the screen.  What could they possibly want?  Sliding my finger across the bottom to answer, I held it to my ear and answered with a simple, “Hello.”

“Martin?  This is Officer Davis.  We just got a call from Anna’s address, and I thought you would want to know seeing as she’s your partner and all.  It seems she took a blow to the head and is on her way to St. Peters Hospital downtown.”

I felt my world crumble, “How bad is it?”

“We don’t know much now except that she is still unconscious, and was bleeding profusely from a head wound.”

My heart slowed to a stop, my breathing became ragged and I knew I was close to a full on panic attack.  Trying to regulate my breathing as much as possible to prevent it, knowing I would be even more useless to her if I gave into it I mumbled a quick “thanks” before hanging up and running full speed out my door and to my car, thankful that I had yet to undress.  I don’t think I could have handled taking the extra time to dress without completely losing my mind.

Breaking possibly every driving law ever, I pulled into the hospital mere minutes later.  Hopping out of my car I ran full speed ahead until I reached the receptionist. 

“I’m looking for Anna St. Clair.  She was just brought in with a head wound.”

The receptionist glanced up at me with sadness glimmering in her eyes, and I almost lost it right then and there.  I felt tears forming as I clutched the desk in front of me, awaiting the news that may shatter me once and for all.

The receptionist must have noticed my panic, as I saw understanding and sympathy take over her expression.  “Yes, she was just brought in.  They have her in now, so far she is still unresponsive, but I’m sure she’ll pull through,” she soothed.

“Where is she?!” I demanded, to concerned about Anna to care that I was being rude now.  I needed to see her, it was essential.

“They have her in for some testing and scans now so they have a better idea of the extent of her injury.  You can wait over with everyone else,” she pointed behind me to a waiting area, and I noticed the blonde she was with at the party that seemed like eons ago, a blonde guy and the Liam guy who was at her house a few weeks ago. 

I felt myself tense with jealousy at the sight of him, but forced myself to relax.  Now was not the time for jealousy.  It wasn’t about me it was all about the woman who meant the world to me fighting for her life.

*                      *                      *                      *                      *

Sorry if updates aren’t as frequent from now on, I’m working on a new story called Persuade Me.  Please check it out if you haven’t already, I would really love some feedback on it! :)

PIC OF LIAM--------------------------------->