Chapter Seven: What Will Become Of It?

Izzy solemnly examined her arms. She could see black hand marks from The Foot where they had held her. She tried rubbing them off, tears brimming her eyes, before she sighed and lifted her head up to watch the sky and its few stars that showed.

Izzy replayed what had happened in her mind for the hundredth time. She couldn't understand, and at the same time she didn't want to understand. She had been feeling a little off for the past week, ever since she had felt that burning feeling at the mall. She then realized that odd stuff was happening to her even before that. Any cuts or bruises she had gained healed only a few days later, she even remembered the doctors saying how her leg recovered remarkably fast.

What was she? A freak, maybe even an alien?

Izzy choked on her breath, letting the tears fall down her face. She had been crying for many hours and she hated it. The suffocating, sore feeling in her throat. The itchy, tired feeling in her eyes. The outcome left her feeling shitty and hopeless

She let out a cry of anguish, squeezing her fists as tight as she could. Feeling a sharp pain in them, she cringed and slowly opened her hands to see them covered in a dark red liquid.

"Shit..." Izzy mumbled, looking at where her nails had sunk into her palms. She closed her eyes, and slowly counted to five.

Izzy realized she couldn't do this to herself. This wasn't like her, and she knew it.

She knew she needed to be strong. Her mother was still out there somewhere, and she couldn't leave that to the turtles. This was her responsibility and no one else's.

Izzy tried to collect herself; to stop her body from shaking, to stop crying. Though every time she began to calm down, no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get that young foots face out of her mind. That thought horrified her, that she had killed two men. No matter who they were, she had killed them.

Izzy closed her eyes and bit her lip; she wasn't sure where to go from here. She thought of looking for her mother, it had been more than a week since she disappeared. But because of that, Izzy realized she could be anywhere by now. Besides, she felt much too exhausted to do anything. She knew she had to regain her strength first, but she was set on searching the moment she could.

Izzy wiped her tears and let out a weak sigh. She tried to relax and slowly, she fell into an uneasy rest...

The night was dark, being only lit by a sparse amount of moon light that peeked through the thick tree tops above me. I was walking through a daunting forest with towering trees that loomed overhead with only a rippling white robe to cover myself. I wasn't too sure why I was there, but I felt I needed to keep going no matter what. I walked with my head held high, my face lacking any expression. There wasn't a sound made as I slowly went deeper into the forest.

As I walked, I noticed shadows moving in the treetops. They followed me on my path as they jumped from tree to tree. This, for some odd reason, didn't seem strange to me so I kept on walking.

Suddenly, a deep rumbling resounded around me, and for the first time I stood still. The sound got louder and louder until it shook my surroundings with tremendous force. Still, I only stood with a blank expression. The rumbling then began to turn into hard, cold laughter. Whoever it was laughed harder and harder until it sounded manically evil.

The forest that I stood in began to waver and swirl, becoming warped. It swirled faster, with the manic laughter still getting louder. It reminded me of a madhouse, or what I assumed the mind of delusional person would look like. I wanted to keep walking, but I couldn't move my feet. Then, the misty trees vanished until I was in the quiet, cold darkness.