Chapter Five: Burnt Popcorn and Fire

After meeting the turtles izzy had a hard time falling asleep. Her thoughts always came lingering back to them, or the so called foot ninjas. 'Why were they trying to get me? And who was this shredder person?' She shuddered at the thought of him. Even though she had never met him she still never wanted to. Just something as simple as his name sounded evil and dark to izzy.

she looked around mackenzies deserted room and sighed. Another thing she couldn't stop thinking about was her mom. It had been a few weeks since the crash, and izzy was beginning to doubt she was even alive. She thought about living with the wilts the rest of her life. Getting a job and collage advice from mrs. Wilt, not her own mother. The doctors had said they were going to try to find family members that would take her in. She thought she had an aunt, but she guessed she was probably dead.

finally at three in the morning did izzy fall asleep, she was roughly awoken only minutes later.

"wha?" izzy asked squinting through the darkness. A light turned on beside her and she became face to face with Mackenzie. She had bags under her eyes and had a obvious annoyed look.

"What the shiz, izzy?" She said in a rough whisper. As izzys eyes began to adjust, she could see sayuri enter the room. She sat up and rubbed her eyes before looking back at the two.

"You will not beleive the night I had." Izzy yawned.

"Well spill, why don't you'" Mackenzie said and sat down on the bed followed by sayuri. Izzy sighed and began to tell them. She told them about the reapearing ninjas and the "offer" they were trying to make. she told them how she tried to fend them off but when she was at the part where she was on the ground and slipping away from consciousness she paused.

'Should I tell them?' Izzy thought as she remembered Leo's voice saying never to tell any one 'maybe it was all a dream, but it felt so real. Either way they'll think I'm crazy' she blinked as a hand waved in front of her face.

"What happened next?" Sayuri asked as she and Mackenzie sat on the edge of the bed. Izzy looked at them in silence for a moment before continuing.

"After that? Well, um.... The police came, and, uh scared them off. I had to stay at the police station for a bit after that and that's why I was late." Izzy tried to finish with a convincing tone and it seemed to work.

"So what happened to those people you followed in there in the first place?" asked Mackenzie.

"I'm... Not sure. I guess they ran away when the ninjas appeared" 'but they didn't disappear' thought izzy. 'They stayed and saved me. Maybe a little late in the arrival but they still did.' Izzy smiled subconsciously as she remembered each of the four turtles. She now wondered why she got mad at them. 'That Raphael was right. I'd be toast by now if it weren't for them'

She blinked back into the real world and looked over at Mackenzie and sayuri. Izzy attempted a smile in hope to get there eyes off her bruises and said "why don't we watch Aliens? It's a little late but it is the weekend."

"Um, sure" said sayuri as the three of them stood up. Then Mackenzie's eyes widened and she sprinted out the room, screaming "THE POPCORN! IT'S BURNING!"

The two girls laughed until they hit the floor, the smelt of burnt popcorn clearly filling the air now.

Sayuri wiped her tears away. "You coming, izzy?" She said to her friend who had already settled down and was now looking out the window.

"Yeah. You go. I'll be there in a minute" izzy said looking over at her. Sayuri nodded and quietly slipped out the room.

Izzy sighed and slowly stood up. She walked over to the wall mirror and examined herself carefully. The place on her head where the dark ninja struck was a blotchy purple, and it had 2 stitches in it. She guessed the turtle in the purple bandanna, Donnie, had done that, but it humoured her a bit thinking of a giant turtle being a doctor. The rest of her body was fine excluding a few cuts here and there and her fading limp. It amazed her how quickly her body was healing, but with all these injuries it was definitely a good thing.