Chapter Three: Surprises

Izzy and mackenzie walked up the steps of her high school and pushed opened the doors. Sayuri was the first to greet them.

"Izzy! Ohmygod, are you okay? There were so many rumours going around, I-I didn't know who to believe!" Sayuri yelled out, maybe a little too loudly.

Everyone in the hallway turned around and stared wide eyed at izzy. Se could feel the red hot embarrassment on her cheeks as people started whispering, many people even ran up to her asking if she was okay. The crowd stared to grow as more questions were asked, but all izzy could do was smile and reassure them she was alright.

When finally the three escaped the crowd of students and began to make their way to their first class, izzy turned around and asked "alright. What kind of rumours are going around?"

~

At lunch the three friends sat huddled together at a table.

"Well" Sayuri began. "When you didn't show up the first day, of course everyone assumed you were just sick or something"

"But when everyone went home and saw the news that night. Well, it said that you were in a car crash, but neither you or your mom could be found." Mackenzie said twiddling her thumbs.

"That alone was crazy enough until they said you mysteriously appeared unconscious at the hospital an hour later. So that's when the rumours started."

"Just to name a few off, well, first Archie Cuppari thought you staged the attack to try and kill your mom or something. crazy I know" Sayuri added at the end seeing Izzy's shocked expression. "And then Jessica Lusi said your family was part of some gang or the mafia. And that your family was being hunted down"

Izzy stared at them bewildered. She looked around at the people in the cafeteria and noticed they were staring, but imeadietly turned away when she faced them.

"Are they...scared of me or something?" Izzy asked.

"Uh, yeah. Some. But come on, what really happened" Sayuri said as both her and Mackenzie leaned in closer.

"Well..." Izzy began looking them nervously.

So Izzy told them every. All from the men who seemed to be searching for her, to the four teenagers in the sewer, and even the feeling of being watched she felt when walking out of the hospital.

Now it was Mackenzie's and Sayuri's turn to look bewildered.

"Do you - do you know who those guys in the sewer were?" Asked Sayuri in a quiet tone.

"Do you know who was watching you?" Asked Mackenzie.

Izzy sighed and replied "no, and no. But, you know what? I still have that weird chill that keeps going up my spine. In fact I'm feeling it right now."

"Maybe you're just cold?" Mackenzie reassured her.

Izzy gave her a glare and Sayuri then said "there are a bunch of people staring at you right now. How do you know it's not because of them?"

Izzy shook her head "it's different than that. I mean, I can see them staring, I know that there're staying. But with this feeling, I don't know who's watching me. I don't know where they are or who they are but it gives me the creeps."

As the trio talked more their conversation was cut short by a large commotion happening in the middle of the cafeteria.

Walking over to the crowd of gathering students, izzy pushed her way to the front.

Standing in the middle of the crowd was a tall asian girl with straight black hair that fell past her elbows.

Her face was flawless, and with a simple nose piercing, and flashy clothes she seemed like the type of girl idiot guys would often goggle at. Which, izzy now thought, was probably the reason she held porter Ackman, the school jockey, by the collar of his shirt.