Chapter Two: Interrogation

As Izzy awoke she could only remember one thing. The black men tossing her mother in a black van. How she was helpless to save her. How she wanted so bad to go out and hold her mother.

She tried to think where she might be. Her entire body was in horrible pain, especially her leg. she tried to lift her head up but it was pushed back down by a cold hand and she fell back into her slumber.

Izzy awoke once more and this time was strong enough to feel her surroundings. It wasn't the same as the first place she had first woken up in. Moving her hands around she felt that she was lying on a soft bed. She could tell that at least. The room she was in was very brightly lit as sunlight seeped through her eyelids, but she soon fell back asleep again.

Izzy had awoken and fell back unconscious a few more times, each time catching some fragments of conversations. When she was awake she sometimes felt something sharp piercing her skin, or other times a hand feeling her head.

Finally, when izzy fully awoke, she slowly opened her eyes and found that she was staring at a white ceiling. She turned her head and looked about the room. It was all white and cheerful. A large window to the left of her bed showed the sun rising brightly in the sky. To her right was a white curtain, she guessed to block her from the rest of the room. She was in a hospital.

Izzy attempted to sit up but yelped in pain as her scars cracked. Her body was stiff and sore and she saw her right shin had a cast around it. Her head pounded and felt as if it were a bowling ball. Setting her head back down on the soft pillow, she saw a man walk in. He smiled warmly at her and handed her a cup of water "your going to need to take it easy for a while." The man had a thick Scottish accent and seemed to be in his late 50's. smiling once again he took a tray of food off the table and put it on her lap. "After you finish eating, there are some men here who would like to have a word with you" with that he left the room.

Izzy looked around nervously then began to eat her meal of soup and bread. Just as she finished, two men in black suits walked in. One was buff and had dark brown hair while the other was a bit more scrawny and had dirty blond hair. Both wore dark sunglasses.

"Isabella Zannella?" The buff one asked. Izzy nodded weakly. "We would like to ask you a few questions" the scrawny one said before continuing "you are aware of what happened three weeks ago?"

At his words, izzy suddenly remembered the crash. She remembered everything. The car was rolling and izzy had fallen out. She remembered as it tossed her into an alley way, and when they took her mother. She remembered those weird men in full black body suits were looking for her. She had escaped by jumping into the sewers. And then those four figures. Four teenage boys, izzy now realized, remembering the sound of there voices.

Coming back to reality izzy nodded in response. She then asked "my mom. Is she okay? Where is she?" The two men looked at her and the buff one said "I'm just going to give it to you straight. From the information we have, we believe your mother has been kidnapped. We don't know who took her or why, but that's why we're here."

"Do you remember any conflict your mom was in? Was she acting nervous or suspicious in any way?"

Izzy shook her head. Her eyes began to water. Her mother was kidnaped. And the thought that she may never see her again dawned on her.

"Was she seeing anyone?"

Izzy shook her head again.

The two paused and wrote something down in a black folder after each response. They then asked "what do you remember after the crash?"

Izzy thought for a second. She could tell them about the strange boys in the sewers, but something held her back. Instead she answered "no. I...I just remember being tossed out and then fainting."

The two men looked at each other. 

"Izzy, no one could find you at the crash site. People thought you were kidnapped as well until you showed up unconscious in this hospital an hour later, already roughly bandaged. You don't remember anyone taking you? Anything at all?"

Izzy shook her head and the two men closed there folders.

"That will be all, miss Zannella" and they left the room leaving izzy with her thoughts.

~

In the days that followed, the people at the hospital tried to make izzy as much at home as possible. She found out the Scottish doctors name was mr. Morrison, and was the one assigned to her. Eventually, she found more about the crash. She was to bemtaken care of by Mackenzie's family and she would be living there until either her mother was found or if she found a suitable living arrangement with either a family member or foster home.

Mackenzie had brought her homework from the weeks she was away in physiotherapy, but of course the teachers let her off easy from the certain circumstances.

Izzy counted down the days until she would be let off as she was apparently recovering quickly. She could now walk but still limped and her skin was no longer scabbed. Finally, as Monday arrived, she waited in the lobby of the hospital. Mackenzie and her mom, mrs. Wilt, soon entered.

Izzy was so glad to see her friend again. She limped over and they both gave her a big hug, but were careful not to squeeze to tight.

Mackenzie smiled and asked "are you ready to go?"

Izzy nodded and together, the three walked out of the hospital, izzy being the last. But as she stepped out of the doors a chill went up her spine. The feeling that someone was watching her flooded into her. The same feeling she once experienced one year ago when the ghost saved her. Izzy's eyes darted around, but in the dawning evening she could see no one suspicious.

"Hey izzy, you okay?" Mackenzie asked glancing worriedly at her friend.

Blinking once, izzy nodded and they all clambered into a black SUV. The car ride was about a ten minute ride to Mackenzie's house, and the entire time Mackenzie kept on cracking jokes about things that had happened at school. Although Izzy's mind was on something other than her friends jokes. She still couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched, and she only wondered who it was.