Chapter Six: Patrolling For trouble

Izzy stood in the same alley way that Leo had dropped her off in the night she met the turtles. With her arms crossed to keep out the chilly autumn breeze, she bit her lip anxiously. 'What is taking him so long?' She thought while scraping her foot along the pavement. She furrowed her eyebrows. 'Leo should be here already. Did he really expect me to remember the way?'

Izzy sighed. For the past week, she had been visiting the lair as per Leo's suggestion, and dispite them being giant mutants, she fit in surprisingly well. Sometimes she would play video games with Mikey, in which he would always win but she enjoyed it none the less. Other times, Izzy would assist Donnie with some of his experiments, finding a thrill in building new things. But, most of the time, Izzy would hang out with Leo. She enjoyed watching him train, and a few times Leo taught her a few moves. Sometimes, the two would simply talk. Izzy liked how friendly and welcoming the turtles were, especially Leo, but for the time she was there, she almost never saw Raphael.

Izzy sighed once more and looked toward the sky, which was beginning to hold a yellow-orange hue. 'Guess he's not coming' Izzy thought and turned on the heel of her foot to exit the alley when she suddenly bumped into something solid that had stood right behind her. She yelped and jumped back.

"Hey, watch it!" Yelled Raph. He stood with his arms crossed, looking at Izzy with an angry glint in his eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you come up behind me" Izzy apologized. She looked up at his red bandana and frowned in concentration. He certainly didn't look too happy to be here, izzy noticed, so why was he? She quickly glanced around, searching for Leo but to no avail before looking back up at the annoyed turtle.

"So, um, I'm just wondering, but how come you came to pick me up?" She tried to ask lightly. "I mean, usually Leo would, and I'm fine if he doesn't, but I haven't even seen you at all this week and I would have assumed maybe Donnie or even Mikey would pick me up, but-"

"You talk to much" Raph cut her off suddenly. He gave her an annoyed look before continuing "Your 'BFF Leo' got stuck with extra training after he took the blame for one of Mikey's stupid ideas, so he couldn't come. Donnie's doing 'important' geek stuff, and Mikey... Well, he's an idiot. So it looks like I got stuck with you." He had obvious distaste in his words, like Izzy was something deformed he couldn't even bare to mention. He walked around her and pulled up the sewer lid.

"Just hurry up and lets get going," he grumbled "I would just HATE for you to get hurt up here all alone."

~~

"Pizza's here!!"

Izzy chuckled as three of the turtles scrambled off the couch like hounds and sprinted to the kitchen area. They nearly dove on Donnie, who was taking his turn on getting the pizza, and grabbed all they could. At one point Mikey somehow got hold of the entire box but was tackled down by Raph. Eventually, all calmed down and the brothers headed back to the T.V. area.

"I saved you a slice" Leo said to Izzy as he handed her one topped with mushrooms and jelly beans. He then took his seat on the couch beside her.

"Thanks" Izzy said gratefully as she took a bite, and was surprised at how good it was. All the other turtles took their seat; Mikey on the giant beanbag, Donnie beside Leo, and Raph on the ground away from everyone else. Master splinter too, came and took a seat beside Donnie.

Tonight, as the brothers put it, was the annual movie night, and they were kind enough to let izzy choose.

She thought through it, looking at their messy stack of movies, unable to pick just one.

"I can download a movie if you want." Donnie offered, but Izzy politely refused.

Finally, one movie caught her eye, and she allowed herself to smile at the memory of when she was little and she would always watch this with her mother and father. Long before her father became a drunk and long before any of her problems to date had started. Izzy stood and placed in the old DVD, one that someone else must have thrown out, and made her way slowly back to her spot on the couch.