Chapter 13- Indescribable Beauty

A/N: Here's a nice long chapter for you. I initially had a plan for this chapter, but after I started writing it, it started to morph into something a little different. It's all good though, we get some answers to a couple pressing questions, and we get to see a new side of our sexy elf prince! ;) 

Thanks for reading! Enjoy!

Zesius’ POV

            That was a disaster. I can’t believe I let Robbie get hurt, he probably hates me right now. I am such an idiot. I don’t know what I was thinking. I should have trained him before I brought him out on a mission. I guess I just wanted to impress him.

            When we arrived at the castle I insisted that Robbie needed to go to the infirmary, and he insisted that I needed to go so as well.

            So sat on an infirmary bed while Kye cleaned the scratch on my arm, and Electra glared daggers at me from across the room. She was angry at me for putting Robbie in danger, and I couldn’t blame her. I was angry with myself too. Robbie told her to lay off when she began to shout at me, but I kind of wished he didn’t. I deserve all the shouting I get.

            I was wallowing in shame when my brother strode purposefully into the infirmary, no doubt to gloat at me. He always loved it when I messed up. In fact, the only time I ever see Larsius is when I screw up, or father calls a Panel, which isn’t very often.

            Larsius surveyed the room, his eyes landing first on me. “Ah, Zesius, I saw in the watch room that you… dispatched of our two little problems.”

            “Yes, I had no choice but to kill them,” I replied.

            “It’s a pity,” he said although he didn’t sound very remorseful. He turned away from me and his gaze landed on Robbie and Electra sitting on the cot opposite from me. “I see you took your human with you.”

            “Yes I took Robbie with me.”

            He walked over to Robbie and bent down to look at him. Larsius’ hand shot out so fast that I thought he was going to hit Robbie, I opened my mouth to shout at him but he ended up just grabbing Robbie’s chin tightly. He jerked Robbie’s head to the side to inspect the gash on the side of the boy’s face. “You let your human get hurt Zee, how careless of you.” His lips tilted up on one side in a mocking smirk as he let go of Robbie’s jaw. Robbie pulled away and looked up at my brother. I could tell he was frightened of Larsius which made me even angrier at my brother.

            “I know. It will never happen again. I can assure you,” I replied.

            “Don’t make promises you can’t keep, brother.” His voice was like liquid glass, clear and fluid, yet able to cut you to the core.

            “He did great back there! He killed both those demons with nothing more than a scratch on him!” Robbie shouted.

            “All the same, you could have been killed. Even lesser demons are hard to handle when you have no training,” Larsius said to Robbie before turning to me. “Maybe you should teach your human a few moves with the blade, Zee. You don’t want any more scars on that pretty little face of his.”

            “Yes, I suppose I should,” I agreed reluctantly. Lars just nodded at me, walked to the infirmary door, inclined his head respectfully at us, and then left the room.

            As soon as Lars made his exit Electra couldn’t help but voice her opinion on our exchange. “What a jerk! He should mind his own damn business!”