Chapter 9- Promises and Privacy

A/N: Hey I stayed up late to finish this chapter yesterday, I got some good ideas after working out, I guess the blood flow is good for the brain :D

On a less happy note I broke my lap top. I dropped it on the floor and the corner of it cracked which made me sad since it's hard to plug the charger in, but I can still write with it so that's all that counts.

Anyways Enjoy the chapter! A little banter between Electra and Mr. Robbie :D

Robbie’s POV

               The next few days went by pretty fast. Zee had a lot of work to do with his father so he said he’d let me get accustomed life in the castle before I started my duty.

            I spent most of my time in the library reading comics, but I was also doing research on the elves’ society.  The elves are hundreds of years ahead of Earth in technology, but they incorporate it in a more simplistic and natural environment. Apparently, it allows them to live content lives without destroying their world’s resources.

            It’s all very fascinating, but I have more pressing matters to worry about. Like what happened with me and Zee in the Library. I can’t explain it. He probably thinks there’s something wrong with me. Grabbing him and hugging him for no apparent reason. I think I may have even shed a tear or two! This is beyond embarrassing. Zee’s wrong, I am a fool.

            I didn’t realize I had been pacing the hallway outside the infirmary until I crashed straight into Kye. She was carrying a bowl of warm water, which was now down the front of my shirt.

            “Oh I’m sorry Robbie, don’t worry it’s only lavender water.”

            “It’s okay. Is Electra in there?” I asked, pointing to the infirmary doors.

            “I’m afraid not. I’ve relieved her of her duties for a few days, she’s not feeling well. Sore throat,” Kye said, picking up the now empty bowl.

            “That’s not good, where’s her room?” I asked.

            “Right over there,” Kye said while pointing to the door closest to the infirmary.

            I practically sprinted to the door after saying thank-you to Kye. I really needed to talk to Electra. I threw open her door and stepped inside.

            “Flavian! How many times do I have to tell you to knock?” Electra screeched at me. Her voice was dry and raspy, and it cracked at the end of her sentence. She was sitting in a desk looking out of the window in front of her.

            “It’s me,” I said. “But you should be nicer to Flavian. He makes a good bean soup.”

            Electra spun around in her chair to look at me. “Robbie, I thought you forgot about me!” She rasped.

            “Not quite, I’ve just been… busy. Kye told me you were sick, how are you?” I asked, settling onto the cot across from her.

            “I’m not sick,” her voice cracked again.

            “Okay so then you’re going through puberty. I always knew you were a man!” I joked.

            “Is that why you dated me?” She asked. A smile formed on her face at my bewildered expression. Great. I did not want to have this conversation now. I should have told Electra I was liked guys a long time ago. I kept chickening out, and then we had our fling so I never really got the chance.