Chapter 11- Perceptive to Deception

A/N: So I was high on coffee all weekend and ended up writing ALL night. This chapter and the next chapter were the hardest ones to write so far, so I hope you like them. If anything is ambiguous or hard to understand let me know please? I'm always up for criticism, it only leads to improvement.

Thanks for reading!

Robbie’s POV

               Zee woke me up early this morning to start my duty. Two new intruders appeared in the forest last night and we had to go find them.

             I put on a black body suit like the ones the elves were wearing in the forest when they found me and Electra. Zee gave me a small dagger and a sheath to clip onto my belt as precaution. I noted that his weapon, a sword, made my dagger look rather pitiful. But I didn’t say anything, mostly because I probably couldn’t even lift a sword that size even if he did give it to me.

            First he showed me the ‘watch room’ as he calls it. Basically there are sensors that pick up movement when someone falls through the glitch into The Lithe planet. It can even tell you what species fell through and how much of a threat they are.

            “Is it human?” I asked Zee. He was staring at the screen intently while the sensors scanned the forest where I first met him. I saw two green dots flashing on the screen. The elf prince tapped the flashing dots to zoom in on them.

            “I’m going to say no.”

            “Why?”

            “Because they are empty,” he said simply.

            “What does that mean?”

            “They have no soul, no spark, no life essence, if you will,” he replied while examining a different screen above him.

            “Well then, what are they?”

            “Some sort of demon I’m afraid,” Zee said. He looked down at me to see how I was taking this news. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, he did say there were creatures from other planets.

            “What do we do with it?”

            “If they don’t comply with our way of life we have to kill them.”

            “Does this happen often?”

            “With the smaller demons, yes. I suppose they fit through the glitch easier. As to how you and Electra both ended up here, it’s a mystery.”

            “Yeah…,” I said trailing off. I guess it’s somewhat of an unspoken agreement between Electra and I that we keep Nairomi out of our story. I looked up at Zee and he was staring at me, one white gold eyebrow lifted in that sexy way of his. I swallowed audibly but didn’t break eye contact. I have a feeling that he knew I was hiding something.

            “They are lesser demons, so they won’t pose much of threat,” Zee said.

            “Are we going to find them now?”

            “Yes, but just remember they are still dangerous so you must be careful.”

            “Yes sir,” I replied jokingly. I saw Zee’s mouth curve into a smile at my reply.

            I followed Zee out of the watch room, and down to the stables. The horses are so massive that Zee had to lift me into the saddle before swinging his own long legs over the beast’s body.