TDLND - Chapter 7

Previously on the last chapter...................

He shook his head and then shot me a glare with his lips turning up in disgust, and in a flash he had me suspended in the air by my throat as he hissed at me. "I will get rid of you once and for all!" He seethed as he starred at me with hatred.

"I love you Salvador!" I yelled before I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, and I looked down as I choked on blood to see that he had stabbed me with my dagger and the pool of blood around the dagger got bigger and bigger as the seconds ticked by. The pain stared to subside as every part of my being started to shut down and my mind welcomed the darkness forever.

------------------------------------

Chapter 7 

------------------------------------

{Read Author's Note at the end!}

My eyes fluttered open, but then they immediately shut from the harsh light that I was abruptly exposed to. I kept my eyes closed for a few more seconds and then opened them slowly so that I wouldn't have the same reaction again. When I opened my eyes the light was still bright and my vision was fuzzy, 'Where am I?' As the thought came to my mind, I heard a noise which was weird, because the last time I checked I was deaf. A silhouette was presented in front of me and I squinted my eyes at it, to try and figure out who was there, but the haze was still there.

"Ms. Lieberman, are you alright?" A soft female voice asked.

"Where am I?" I questioned pulling myself up to sit, but then the women stopped me halfway.

"You're in the hospital and I advise you to not move so abruptly, you're still healing." She said trying to make me lay back down. By now my vision had fully recuperated and I was staring at a woman with long black hair that she had put in a ponytail, green eyes, and she was in blue scrubs. 'Healing? Healing from what?' She must have seen the quizzical on my face and she spoke again.

"There was a terrorist attack, and many people died, but a lot were saved because of your brave soul, and you got stabbed by one of them, and the wound is still healing." She said with a smile.

"What are you talking about? I'm not brave." I said incredulously.

"Yes you are my dear, people came by to thank you and show their appreciation by leaving flowers for you." She said as she moved her hand around the room to show me, and sure enough, my room was filled with bouquets of flowers, balloons, stuff animals, and other things that I couldn't tell what they were because they were in a basket and wrapped in plastic.

"If I did something so courageous, then why can't I remember it? And how come I can hear, the last time I remembered I've been deaf since I was a child." A lone tear had escaped my eyes, I couldn't understand what was happening, my head was throbbing, and every time I tried to remember what she was talking about my head would throb even more.

"Well, the doctor said that you were slammed into something before you were stabbed and that it caused you to have a concussion and a vertical laceration, which can lead to short or long term memory loss, and as for the fact that your hearing, we don't really know, we just think it's a miracle." She smiled at me, even though this was good news, something in the back of my mind knew why I started hearing, but the throbbing in my head stopped me from exploring anymore.

"How long have I been out?" I asked her as I made the upper part of the bed lift up with a remote since that was the only way I was going to be allowed to sit.

"For a month." She said as she took a cup from another nurse.

"A m-month!" I croaked, I just realized how creaky and dry my throat felt.