TDLND - Chapter 6

Previously on the last chapter...................

"This will keep you from dying, if Satan kills you, which he will, you will come back a few hours later, but if the moon is completely black, everyone will die including you." He said firmly and I felt my heart race at the fact that He will try to kill me, even though I know that Satan has taken over him.

"But isn't he a part of him? Wouldn't he feel any kind of remorse for killing me?" I asked him and my voice cracked at the end.

"He might be apart of him, but he is someone completely different, he has no emotion whatsoever, and his only existence is to cause chaos and nothing else." He said flatly, giving me no room to talk, he grabbed on to me. "When the moon is completely black, your time has run out." He said as he walked to my balcony and flapped his wings lifting us up from the platform.

My heart was racing in fear, but not fear of him, it was in fear of the unknown, because I do not know if I will get through to him after breaking his heart mercilessly. I just hoped that I would be able to get through to him before the time ran out.

------------------------------------

Chapter 6

------------------------------------

As we were flying, I could see the small fires from where I was as the smoke evaporated into the sky, and the moon still wasn't covered yet or even touched for that matter, but I was still anxious. My heart was slamming more and more against my chest, the closer we got to him, and no matter what pep talk I gave myself, I still couldn't shake the fear.

"Alright, your on your own," Gabriel said as he flapped his wings slowly to descend into the neighborhood that was under attack by a broken-hearted Devil. "This is your chance to save everyone, I can't intervene God said, so be careful of the moon." He said sternly and left when I replied to him with a determined nod of the head, but not before giving me a gold digger.

I held the dagger to my chest and closed my eyes as I whispered a quick prayer, even though I never was much of a God person, because I didn't think he existed till now, and I just wanted to pray to him to give me strength.

'Alright Brooks, it's time to bring the devious devil back that we know and love-' The thought had stopped me in my tracks, my heart racing and ready to explore the emotion to the now heartless and soulless monster that was on a rampage.

I took a deep breath and followed the trail of flames. I could hear the screams of people as they ran around trying to escape death by getting into their cars, but it was no use. The demons would snatch them before they could even get within ten feet of their vehicles and they would make a hole in the car and get the people that were in there. These people really had no escape.

As I continued to my destination, I saw a demon laughing as he picked up a little girl, who could have been six years old, by the neck, and I couldn't let it hurt her. I ran towards him with the dagger behind my back to not alarm him, when he turned his head, he was too late, I was able to stab it in its back as it looked at me with wide eyes and dropped the little girl, and the demon disintegrated within seconds.

I looked at the little girl that was sobbing on the ground and looking at me. "Thank you." She whispered and she was going to leave, but I couldn't let her go back to more danger so I grabbed her hand and put Gabriel's feather into it. "Pray for Gabriel, the angel, to come and get you, that Brooks needs you to help you, OK?" She looked at me with her head to the side and her eyebrows furrowed and then she turned to look at the demons that were killing people, and I guess that was all she needed to believe me, so she shook her head and I saw her close her eyes.