TDLND - Chapter 1

Previously on the last chapter...................

 I went to the kitchen and got my coffee ignoring the monitor that was telling me that someone was at the door. I went to the canvas and started painting, as I finished, I looked at the painting and heat instantly ran to my cheeks.

I had painted him, and he didn't exactly have clothes on, only in his boxers. 'I can't believe I painted that!'

'God, he looks sexy!.. Snap out of it Brooks, he doesn't want you, you're deaf and there is nothing you can do about it'

I sighed and put my brush down and decided that I had enough for the day.

------------------------------------

Chapter 1

------------------------------------

It's been three days since my new neighbor moved next door and I haven't seen him around, I guess he got the memo to stay away from me. I don't know why, but I was hoping for something more and I don't know what it was I was hoping for.

I was drinking a cup of coffee as I was checking my inbox for any new request and saw that I had two new ones.

Family portrait
I would like to have my family portrait painted. Please let me know if you are interested so that I can send you a family picture.

From: Robert.Laurel@aol.com

Re: Family portrait
I would love to, just send me the picture and I will get right to it.

Nature portrait
Hi, I'm new to my neighborhood and would like a painting of the forest, but I would need to meet you. Please notify me of your decision soon.

From: deviousdevil@gmail.com

I don't know about meeting this person, his user is a devious devil, why the hell would I meet someone with that username. I'm trying to stay alive.

I decided that I wouldn't reply to the email and got up to get my things ready to go grocery shopping. I opened the door to my house and the heatwave immediately attacked me, making me choke from the humidity.

This is exactly why I stayed in my house most of the time. I only ever go out if I needed things for the house, groceries, painting utensils, and to deliver paintings.

I got in my car and threw my bag on the passenger's seat. When I got in the car, I started it, put my seat belt on, and looked up.

I gasped when I saw a shirtless man pushing a lawnmower. His muscular body was glistening with sweat making his body look ten million times sexier. Every time he wiped his forehead, his biceps and triceps would flex making me want his strong arms around me as he makes love...

'Brooke get it together! You don't even know him you slut! Ugh, why is he so damn hot!'

I pinched my cheek to snap me from my thoughts and looked back up to see that he had stopped and was now looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

He moved his index finger in circles above his body and said what looked like to be 'Like what you see?' and then he winked making me blush.

'Ptch, cocky much!'

I drove off, fighting myself internally to not look back at him, and I could feel his gaze penetrating me, making me feel, what felt like safety. What was with this man that had me so out of sorts ever since he arrived?

I arrived at the grocery store, got a cart, and started buying everything I needed. When I was finished, I drove back home, and to my disappointment, the shirtless hunk wasn't there for my eyes to feast on. I sighed and parked my car, taking the key out of the ignition; I closed the door and turned around, only to have the breath knock from my lungs when I saw the sexy shirtless hunk now in front of me. How did he get near me without me seeing him?

I looked at his smoldering light grey eyes that almost look white from the sun; I found my eyes traveling down to his plump pink lips that seemed to be beckoning me as they moved.

'Wait! They're moving! Which means, he's probably speaking to me!' I thought as I pinched my leg to snap from my daze and watched his lips.

"Why haven't you replied to my email?" He said. My hands started to sweat, as I fiddled with my feet and looked at the ground that had suddenly seemed interesting. I couldn't speak to this beautiful beast, no matter how much I wished to. Every time I tried to speak to myself at home my throat would always croak, so I stopped trying.

I turned around ready to walk away when I felt a strong handhold my wrist, stopping me from escaping my problems. He pulled me, so that I was right in front of him, only a few inches separating us, making my heartbeat skyrocketing.

'Heart stopped beating so damn fast!' I thought angrily as I shut my eyes and breath slowly to calm myself down. I felt fingers pull my chin up and I opened my eyes to look into his eyes and then I watched his lips to see what he was saying.

"Why won't you talk? Do you hate me? Do I annoy you? Why are you ignoring me?" He said and when I looked at his eyes, they looked worrisome and his eyebrows were furrowed together in a questioning look. 

So many questions, questions that I would love to give an answer to, but can't without a pen and paper. When he saw that I wasn't going to reply his expression changed and his eyes seem to turn into a pool of endless void. His shoulders seem to become wider; he looked more intimidating by the minute.

I was starting to get a little scared from how emotionless he seemed, but in the back of my mind, I liked the way his intimidation was making me feel. I felt him squeeze my waist, the action making a moan almost slip from my lips, that's when I caught that his lips were moving and saw him say 'mine' before he turned around and left me standing there, dumbfounded.

'What's his?' I thought as I watched him enter his house.

I unlocked the doors so that I can get my bags from the back seat. After I had entered everything in the house, I locked the door and checked the time. It was now 2:30 pm; My stomach growled, notifying me of my hunger so I went to the kitchen to make a steak salad for lunch.

After eating my scrumptious lunch, I decided to check my email yet again to see if I got any reply from Robert.

I opened my laptop to see that I did in fact have a new email, and my eyes couldn't help, but look at the email that came from the devious devil.

I pondered for a while until I came up with a decision, and clicked on the email, sending him a reply.

Re: House Portrait
I wouldn't mind completing this task. When would you like to discuss the details?

I thought for a second, still not sure if I should go through with it. I find myself being dangerously attached to this mysterious figure, and just watching wasn't enough to satisfy my curiosity.

I just hope that curiosity doesn't kill the cat this time.