TDLND - Chapter 2

Previously on the last chapter...................

I opened my laptop to see that I did in fact have a new email, and my eyes couldn't help but look at the email that came from devious devil.

I pondered for a while until I came up with a decision, and clicked on the email, sending him a reply.

Re: House Portrait
I wouldn't mind completing this task. When would you like to discuss the details?

I thought for a second, still not sure if I should go through with it. I find myself being dangerously attached to this mysterious figure, and just watching wasn't enough to satisfy my curiosity.

I just hope that curiosity doesn't kill the cat this time.

------------------------------------

Chapter 2

------------------------------------

I woke this morning dreading if my decision to meet him about the portrait, was a good one. 'Too late to fret about it, what's done is done I thought as I was sitting at my desk waiting for my laptop to turn on. After I'd logged on and open the internet to my email which was my homepage, the page loaded for a while and my heart was beating rapidly than usual but at a steady pace. Finally, after 30 seconds, which felt like an eternity went by, my inbox showed that I had no new email.

'I guess he hasn't checked his email yet' I thought disappointingly as I closed my laptop to take care of my human necessities. A steamy shower and full stomach later, I was planing what I would do for the day, I was tired of just mopping around the house all day. 'Maybe I should go to the park? No. The beach?' I needed some new inspiration for my paintings and locking myself in my house wasn't going to give it to me.

As I was seated in the kitchen with paper and pen, writing down my ideas, I saw something flash on my screen, letting me know that someone was at the door, I sighed. 'Who is it this time?'

Right as my hand touched the doorknob, my heartbeat fiercely once like it was ready to leave my chest, the sudden beat caught me off guard and made me heave a large intake of breath. After what felt like a bizarre episode, I opened the door only to the hunky man himself, perched against the door frame with dark blue jeans that caressed his thighs and a white T-shirt that hung on to his muscles like he was drenched with water. Fighting my mind to keep it from going in the gutter, I let my gaze rise from his relentless body to his piercing grey eyes that seemed to be watching me intently making butterflies flutter in my stomach.

Gulping visibly, I breathed air in to calm my nerves and waived my hand so that I could catch his attention. It worked because I saw him clear his throat and then his lips moved. "Can I come in?" He asked with one thick brow raised.

I shook my head and gestured for him to come in. When I closed the door, he waited for me to lead him further, so I lead him to the living room and put my index finger up telling him to hold on just a minute. I quickly walked to the kitchen and got the notepad and pen that I was using earlier, and went back to the attractive man sitting on my couch.

I sat next to him making sure there was plenty of space between us because I felt like if I got any closer he would hear my beating heart loud and clear. I opened the note pad to an unwritten page and wrote:

Have you decided on the details of your painting?

I handed him the pad and the pen, which he took from me and then gave me a quizzical look, probably thinking why wouldn't I just talk instead, but he took the items anyway without asking me the question obviously on his mind, he scribbled something and then handed it back.