Chapter 10

One Month Later...

Shayla

I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I made it to the toilet just in time. I puked my little heart out. I was dry heaving trying to catch my breathe. After I calmed myself down. I eased up off the floor. I looked back to see Ashley standing at the door. I screamed.

"You scared the shit out of me, Ash!" I said, trying to calm my racing heart.

She laughed lowly. "How long?"

"How long what?" I said playing dumb.

"Don't play dumb. How long?" I sighed.

"For about a two weeks." She sighed.

"You know you pregnant right?" She stated. I really didn't want to be. Ugh.

"I need to make sure."

"I'll go get some tests, if it's positive, then will make an appointment to make sure." I nodded. She walked out the bathroom.

My dad gone kill me and Maurice. Shit.

It didn't take Ashley long to come back with the tests. Honestly, I was nervous, but if I was pregnant, then so be it.

"Okay, here you go." She handed me three different tests. I grabbed them and walk into the bathrooom.

I had to pray to god that I wasn't pregnant. After about 20 minutes. I looked at the results

(+)

(+)

And the third one had two lines.

"SHIT!"

"Whats wrong?"

"I'm pregnant." All hell gone break loose. Daddy gone kill Maurice. While he killing Maurice. I'm clearing the set. Nope, won't get me. Sorry, but Maurice on his own. I laughed.

"What's funny?"

"Daddy gone kill Maurice."

"I know he is. What are you going to do?"

"Well, while he killing Maurice that'll be my chance to make a run for it. I'm not about to get hurt with him." We laughed.

"Seriously, when you gone tell Maurice?"

"Once we make the appointment. I don't know how he gone take this. We too young. But this what comes with having sex." I sighed. Shit we haven't even graduated from high school yet. Graduation is next week. Well in a month for Maurice and I. We kinda messed too many days, so we'll graduate in July.

"I can text a friend of mine to see if I can get you in really quick before the office close." I nooded. She made a call to whoever her friend is.

"Let's go." I threw on my shoes and she dragged me out the door. The drive we made small talk about the situation.

"Hey Charles, thanks for seeing us on short notice, but this is important." He nodded.

"No problem. I need you to pee in this cup and I will draw some blood from you." I grabbed the cup and walked to the restroom.

Once everything was done, we sat in the room waiting for the results. Fourty-five minutes later, Charles walked into the room.

"Well congratulations. You're going to be a mommy." My heart literally dropped out my chest.

"I can do a sonogram, if you would like." I nodded.

"Lie back on the table and lift ip your shirt." I did as tolld.

"The gel will be a little cold." I almost cried looking at the little fetus on the screen. I really can't believe I'm going to be someones mother.

"I advise you to go to your doctor and have them write your a prescription for prenatal vitamins." I nodded grabbing the papers from his hand.

"So, are you okay?"

"Yeah im fine. I'm just thinking about how Maurice going to take this."

"He going to be happy. I know things with you two moved kind of fast, but you can see the love he has for you. Just sit him down and talk to him woman to man." I nooded.

"You right."

"I know I am." I laughed. We pulled up to the house. Maurice was home. I took a deep breathe.

"It'll be okay. You can do this Shayla."

"Thanks Ash. I'll call you later and let you know what happened." We said our goodbyes and I got out the car. I walked into the house.

I walk into the kitchen to see Maurice all sweaty. He must went to the gym or for a run. I placed my stuff on the countertop.

"We need to talk." He gave me a confused and unsure look.

"Okay. What is it we need to talk about?"

"I'm pregnant."