Chapter 19

Chapter 19

It'll be a quick bite to eat and if he tries anything I'll kick him in the raspberries.

"Yeah." I said to my reflection as I smoothed out my knee high short sleeved sparkly sapphire dress out

I had on matching sapphire pumps that would at least reach Holden's chin. My blonde hair was parted in the middle as it hung over my shoulders in waves. I outlined my eyes with a navy blue liner and a touch of pink gloss.

"Is it too much?" I asked as I turned to Alex who was sprawled on my bed

Alex cocked his head to the side and pursed his lips as he examined me.

"Hmm turn around." he said

I did as he asked. "No turn the other way."

Again I listened. "Okay now hop on one foot."

Jerk! Grabbing my pink flats from the ground I threw it at him. Alex dodged and chuckled at my angry scowl.

Doesn't he understand how important this is? If I over do it Holden will think I want him which I have officially decided I don't. Holden is too possessive and his mood changes like the wind blows.

"Your an ass." I huffed as I stomped out to find Kelly

She had her top of her body in the fridge as usual.

"Hey Kelly does this say friends only?" I asked

It barely dips down which limits Holden from peaking at my chest. Kelly stepped out of the fridge holding a large tub of butterscotch ice cream.

She had a spoon in her mouth as she squinted at me.

"Ahh kind of." she barely said

My shoulders dropped in response, kind of! I wanted to hell yes!

"Relax Aub if he gets touchy feely stab in the groin with the stake knife." Kelly said with a nod

"Oww remind me not to take you out." Alex grimaced as he came out of my room

I sent him a dirty look for his little game in there. He's suppose to help me. Alex's eyes light up when he saw the tub of ice cream.

He wasted no time and ran to Kelly's side with a spoon he grabbed from the drawer. Kelly narrowed her eyes but didn't pull away.

"So what are you two going to be up to tonight?" I asked

They both shrugged in unison and scooped more ice cream.

A flag went up in my head at the identical reactions. They even had the same squirmy expression.

"Should I be worried?" I asked with my hands on my hips

"We're not kids- hey you can't scoop my ice cream from my spoon!" Kelly shouted

Alex snickered at Kelly's childish pout but I could see she is not joking. Alex being the dummy he is moaned as he ate the stolen ice cream.

"Uh-oh." I muttered

Kelly slammed her spoon on the counter with her nostrils flaring. Placing both her hands on the bottom of the tub she pushed it up into his face.

The tub immediately fell to the ground but the solid ice cream stuck to his face, only pieces falling at a time.

Alex wiped the ice cream from his eyes with the back of his hands. Kelly grinned an evil, triumphant grin.

"You think that's funny?" he asked

"Hilarious." she replied smugly

Alex nodded his head and went over to the fridge. He pulled out a three liter bottle of soda. Kelly's grin quickly dropped as he opened the bottle.