Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Hunter's POV

Since that little 'meeting' with Holden Aubrey has been a bit down and it didn't help that her mom left her three messages. Aubrey just stares at the phone with glassy eyes. She listened to one message and judging by the way she tossed her phone on the couch her mom didn't apologize.

Aubrey was sitting on the couch with her knees against her chest and her thin arms hugging her legs close. She rested her chin on her knees as she stared ahead at nothing in particular. It broke my heart to see her so down.

"Are you hungry?" I asked

"Not really." she sighed

She tucked a loose strand of gold hair behind her ear looking deep in thought.

'Do something.' my wolf barked angrily

'What exactly should I do?' I snapped back

The dumb wolf shrugged. He hates seeing Aubrey upset but what can I do? I don't even know what has her so upset.

Is it just about her parents? She seems too distracted for it to be just that. Could it be about what Holden said? For a second Aubrey seemed to believe him but than she defended me. Her shocked expression frightened me.

God I can't bare the thought of Aubrey knowing the truth. That I am what that coward said I am, a murder. She'll hate me and that scares the crap out of me because I'm positive Aubrey is my mate.

At first I wasn't sure, Holden had me connived she was his but now that the truth is out I know for sure. I could just imagine the disgusted look on her face, the hatred, and worst of all the fear.

Raking my fingers through my hair I huffed out loud. I can't lose her. I have to tell her about me, about my wolf and it's unquenchable thirst for blood. But I'm terrified of her reaction.

'Don't tell her than.' my wolf said

'Than Holden will and I'll lose her forever.'

My words repeated in my head, forever. There is a chance I can lose Aubrey.

Fear gripped my heart as I turned in her direction. She tilted her head so now her check rested on her knee, her eyes closed as she breathed slowly in attempt to hold in the emotions peaking to the surface.

She needs a friend. Reaching for my phone I punched in the numbers and pressed it to my ear. It rang twice before she answered.

"Jello, who is this and what do you want creep-o?" Kelly said

"There is something wrong with you." Alex laughed in the background

There was a rustling sound followed by an apology from Alex. By the way Alex grumbled she hit him and Kelly looks like a fighter.

"..... good I hope it hurts." Kelly shouted at him

"Hey lovebirds cut it out I need your help." I said into the receiver so Aubrey doesn't hear

Peeking over my shoulder it didn't seem like she moved.

"How are ya' you hot hunk?" Kelly said in a flirty tone

"How the hell did he get your number?"Alex growled

I rolled my eyes at Kelly's successful attempt to piss Alex off. The dummy should realize by now that his mate likes to mess with his head. Jeesh I just met the girl and I know that.

"Oh just during our hot sweaty nights tangled in bed together." Kelly said in a serious voice

"Stop playing with me Kel it's not funny." he hissed obviously catching on