The Prologue of Epilogues

The dunes of ancient Egypt echo with the chants of hundreds of thousands of people. They bow and fall to their knees while they chant in the heat of the sun, facing two figures that stand before them upon the tallest peak of the valley. The broader figure of the two raises his arms in the air, a hood over his head, shadowing his face from the people. He shapes the land around them, builds from the sand and forms bricks to stone to temples, statues, pyramids. Giving birth to civilization as he shapes it.

        But this man is no man by any means. He stands with almost a metallic sheen on his blue skin, eyes black as they stare ahead at his creation. He is the all powerful, the true ruler.

        Yet she is there. She is by his side, watching him create cities for those that worship them. He builds a great pyramid for them to live, their own private temple. He builds the statues for her.

        The chants of the people are music to them, spoken in their ancient mother tongue.

        They are Gods among mere men.

        When he lowers his hands, he looks to her and takes one of hers in his. He looks into her eyes. He cups her face then with his other hand, the wind catching her hair and letting it flow back behind her. He kisses his bride, his goddess, and feels the life growing within her.

        He finds eternity there. He finds immortality

TBC

Next Installment: COMING SOON!!!