healing [scott mccall]

Y/N gazed at her sleeping boyfriend, a sense of calm washing over his previously worried features. Exhaling slowly, she ran her hands through her messy hair, her fingers untangling the consistent amount of knots. Sitting tentatively on the edge of Scott's bed, she took his hand in hers, basking in the familiar warmth of his skin. 

Lulled by the feeling of security given to her by his simple presence, she closed her eyes and laid her head on his chest, the gentle rise and fall of it as he breathed comforting her worries. After a little while, Y/N felt herself slowly fall into the clutches of sleep. The pit of anxiety laying in her stomach began to fade, instead replaced with the more pleasing thought that her boyfriend was here, right now, and the damage done by his fight with the beast was beginning to heal. 

"Scott?" She called as his chocolate brown eyes opened, her voice just a soft whisper. He nodded slowly, wincing as if just the slightest movement hurt. Maybe it did. "You okay?" Instantly, Y/N wanted to take back her words. Yes, he'd just had an epic battle with the beyond powerful beast and his wounds weren't healing, of course he was fine. Good one, Y/N.

"It's slower than usual, but, I think I'm healing." He told her. "But, aside from that.. Not really." His eyebrows furrowed as he spoke, a dull sadness in his eyes. She tilted her head as a silent question. "Do you wanna talk about it?" 

He squeezed her hand if a little weakly, nodding again. "I just.. I feel like I've done something really bad. I told you about what happened with Stiles, right?" He said slowly, pausing often in an attempt to find the right words. "Yeah. The Donovan thing?" She replied, watching his face contort with regret at the memory. 

"I just.. I know we're doing this thing together, now, but-I feel so guilty that I didn't believe him. I feel like I've ruined our friendship." Scott trailed off a little, a sigh escaping from his lips. "I didn't understand what he was going through. And the pack.. I just let it all go down the drain. I allowed us to fall apart." His eyes were glazed with tears now, the truth of the situation finally dawning on him. 

Looking intently at him and not breaking her gaze, Y/N touched his cheek with her hand. "Scott. You were doing only what you thought was right at the time. We all make mistakes. The real decision is what we choose to do next with our lives." She told him, gently tracing his cheekbone with her finger. 

"Even true alpha's have to make mistakes and learn from them, Scott, out of everyone you'd be the first to know that." She reminded him. The corners of his lips raised up slightly at her words, the sadness in his eyes mellowing. As if on cue, the door swung open and Stiles entered the room with an almost panicked haste. No words were exchanged as the boy stared at them both, the worry in his eyes only ceasing when Y/N slowly nodded, assuring him that Scott was okay. 

Scott sighed when the door closed as quickly as it had opened, his head collapsing back onto the pillow. "I need to apologize, don't I?" He said quietly, shading his eyes from a non existent light with one hand. Y/N smiled softly. "I think that would be the best, yeah. But for now-you need to heal." Her boyfriend nodded. "Can you stay?" He whispered as he slowly closed his eyes. She lay down beside him and snuggled closer into his chest. "Of course I will, dumbo." She said affectionately, her voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt. Scott responded with a gentle laugh before they both fell into a deep sleep, the both of them protected by each other's warmth.