oceans [isaac lahey]

𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 ,

𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝘩 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡𝘩 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 

𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖'𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑎𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑜 𝑜𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑡𝘩𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢,

𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛

- This oneshot is dedicated to one of my best friends who loves Isaac, so, hi if you're readinggg. xD

Since Allison Argent's death, Isaac had grown cold. Distant. He had alienated himself from the one person he cared about the most, his best friend Y/N. She knew it was just a stage of grief, that he was finding Allison's death hard to bear, but watching the blue eyed boy she'd grown to fall in love with pass her in the school corridor without a word, it made her heart break beyond repair. 

Her and Isaac had once been so close. Whatever the time or situation, they were both there for each other, no matter what. They'd ranted and raved to each other, broken down in each other's arms, laughed till they'd cried together, and most importantly, shared their all time happiest memories in each other's company. 

So when Allison was killed in a fight against an Oni, Y/N was ready to be there for Isaac, no matter the situation. She expected him to feel comfortable sharing his feelings with her, to find solace in her comfort. She knew it would be an incredibly tough obstacle, but that they would get through it, together. 

However, the opposite had occurred. It was six months after Allison had passed away, and Y/N's worst nightmare was becoming a reality. The one person she loved most in the world, who she'd shared her worst fears and biggest ambitions with, who she'd slowly fallen in love with little by little. The person she couldn't imagine her life without was slowly drifting away from her, from reality, and losing himself in the process. 

[isaac's pov] 

5 months & 27 days. 

Empty. Useless. Void. 

 I should have saved her. I stood there like a deer caught in headlights. I watched her in Scott's arms, slowly dying. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed there and watched. 

The guilt is slowly swallowing me up, little by little. I'm drowning in a whirpool, cess pit of guilt. 

Y/N. - Isaac? [Sent 1:01 PM.]

Y/N. - Isaac please, I just want to talk. It's been months since we spoke. [Sent 1:06 PM]

Y/N. - We need to talk. [Sent 1:14 PM.] 

Memories swirl around my mind, filling it with bright and colorful images of the past. Secret smiles when the other wasn't looking, being the only ones who knew each other's secrets, laughter. 

But this can't have been me, could it? The sad, dull creature I see in the mirror whose eyes reflect sadness and anger couldn't have once been so full of life. I am cold, I feel nothing but regret.