anniversary [stiles stilinski]

Y/N was lying on her bed, lazily listening to music that was sourced from her phone. She sighed, squeezing her eyes shut as she allowed the lyrics to soak into her mind. Music was something that the young banshee used to struggled to focus on, seeing as the voices ringing in her head tended to overtake the song. Still, she was trying to train her mind to focus on things other than what her supernatural abilities were telling her, and her boyfriend Stiles was among the things that could distract her from the painfully loud voices in her head. 

Smiling at the thought of the goofy, kind, smart boy that she could finally call her boyfriend, she jumped at the sound of her phone's notification bell. 

Stiles - Y/N, I know I keep asking you to, but do you wanna come over and help me study? :)

Me - I'm not sure algebra is a great way to spend today together, stilinski, but sure.. 

Stiles - Huh? What's so special about today? sorry i'm completely out of it right now 

Me - July 20th? Our one year anniversary? 

Stiles - SHIT

Y/N's phone started vibrating, the familiar buzz of her ringtone filling the room. Before she could even speak, her eardrums were deafened with the sound of her boyfriend swearing incoherently. 

"Stiles-" her attempt to speak was cut off by a low groan from him. "Y/N I am so sorry. I didn't plan anything, I'm just so out of it right now with all the Dread Doctor stuff, and schoo-" He finally stopped rambling as she yelled for him to stop. "Stiles! It's fine, I promise." She assured him, mostly telling the truth. She understood he was under a lot of stress with the ongoing events in Beacon Hills, as well as coping with grades and personal life stuff, but she couldn't help feeling disappointed that he'd forgotten their first anniversary. 

"No, no, no, Y/N this is bad. This one year we've been together and I haven't got a single plan.. It hadn't even crossed my mind. I need to think of something, like, right now. Right now." Stiles ranted, his voice panicked. 

"Stiles.." She sighed. "Y/N, you don't get it. This is so important. All- every other boyfriend you've had treated you like dirt, forgot about you, walked all over your feelings. I can't let that happen again. You deserve everything." He was really freaking out now, and Y/N could practically see the boy running his hands through his chocolate brown hair, his eyes wild with fear. 

"I don't think you get it, Stiles. Just spending time with you is enough." After those words were spoken, there was a silence between them. Only, it was different to other silences. It wasn't awkward in the slightest, it wasn't that they didn't know what to say to each other, it was that they knew they didn't need to. 

"Star Wars?" Y/N smiled at her boyfriend's eager suggestion. "Uh, I don't mean, like-Just if you want to, y'know?" He added, his words trailing off awkwardly. She paused before speaking, something she knew drove Stiles insane.

 "..I would love to watch Star Wars with you, Stiles Stilinski." She could practically hear the grin on his mouth as he spoke; "Best get your butt over here then, pronto." 

  ღ  

"Y/N, you're my girlfriend and I love you, but can you please not pause it every second and explain each miniature detail to me, please?" Stiles pleaded, struggling to suppress laughter at her expression. "But it's interesting!" She whined, collapsing onto the sofa next to him.

 "It is, and I love Stars Wars even more than you, but maybe it might be a better anniversary date if we actually get more than 10 minutes into the movie?" He replied, grinning. Her eyes widened, her mouth a perfect 'o'. "Nobody loves Star Wars more than me, Stilinski." 

Stiles put his arm around her, still smiling. "I do." Y/N shook her head in reply. "Nah. I spent half my life on the wikipedia page, learning about every single piece of trivia I could find and spent all my pocket money as a kid on director's cut versions of the trilogy." 

She smiled triumphantly as he failed to reply after 10 seconds. "I've spent, like, 5 years trying to get Scott to watch the movies." Y/N rolled her eyes, pressing play on the remote. "We need to force that boy to watch it soon." 

As the movie played on, the dialogue seemed to drown out as Stiles pressed his lips to hers, causing Y/N to feel that familiar electricity that occurred every time he kissed her. His mouth was warm, the gentle caress of his lips softer than anything she could ever feel other than now.

"Stiles," she mumbled in between his touch, "the movie's nearly over.." He nodded, deepening the kiss and encouraging a small moan to escape from Y/N's lips. He planted soft kisses onto her bare collarbone, Y/N running her hands through his dark hair. 

She could have exploded with the euphoric feeling his touch gave her, pure heat and pleasure running through every vein of her body. When they finally broke apart, Y/N's breathing came out in fast pants, her lips forming into a smile. "Stiles, are you gonna fulfill your promise of a Star Wars marathon, or are you gonna keep gawping like a goldfish?" Her boyfriend sighed, placing one last kiss on her lips before putting the next DVD on. 

  ღ  

Stiles watched as the credits of Return of the Jedi started rolling, his gaze falling to his now sleeping girlfriend. She'd ordered him to keep her from falling asleep and wake her up if she did, but he found the sight of her sleeping too adorable to wake her from. 

He stroked her hair gently, fascinated by the angelic and pure expression she had when she was asleep, her eyebrows furrowing every now and then. 

Her lips parted and a light snore escaped from them, causing Stiles to grin and cover his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from laughing. He gazed at her for a few seconds more, his heart swelling with love. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, smiling as she stirred in her sleep. 

"Happy one year anniversary, Y/N." 

    ღ