07. Condoms

A/N: Alright, back on track here. Getting to the good part with Cole and Derek! Oh, and soon to meet a new character that will make a HUGE splash. :3 Vote, comment and enjoy.

My alarm was going off, the sound of music filling the empty space in my room. I moaned slightly as I looked at the time, jumping out of bed and hitting the snooze button, 6:30am, oh my god, I was going to be late for my first day!

I scrambled to the bathroom, throwing the tap on and getting inside the shower. After a few seconds of being pressed to the wall, waiting for the cold water to finally hit a warm enough temperature, I started cleaning my body. My thoughts were all over the place this morning, what would I wear? Would Cole be there? Would I even be able to do this new job? What if I got camera shy and couldn’t talk? I was having a mental breakdown when the water turned cold from my thoughts.

URGH! Why did they even put cold water in the shower?

Getting out I quickly found my towel and started drying off, looking at my wet hair in the mirror. What was I going to do with it today? I usually wear the same hair style every single day, but now everyone will see me on TV, how should I do it? Oh god, I was going to be on live TV. I started shaking at the thought when I heard a knock at the door.

Oh seriously. Who the hell would be here at seven in the morning!? Don’t they know I need to get ready!?

“Open the door, Derek. Are you ready yet, we need to leave for the studio in t minus fifteen minutes!” Knocking again, I realized Kendall wouldn’t let me finish getting ready until I opened the door, I slung a towel around my waist and walked over to the door, leaving wet footprints on the floor. “Derek! Answer your god damn door, are you even awake yet!?”

“If you gave me five minutes to actually get ready, then I would have been waiting for you at the god damn door” I realized I was yelling at a closed door, and probably annoying the neighbors that were trying to sleep around us, opening the door, I caught her glaring at me, “Would you let me get ready now, because as you can see, I am not ready for anything.”

“You did always look sexy in a towel; maybe you should just show up to work like that. I’m sure Cole wouldn’t mind.” She gave me a wink as my stomach turned.

“I forgot about our date after work, oh dear god.” I grabbed Kendall’s shoulders, fear hitting my eyes, “What if I don’t look good? What if he realizes I’m a noob? What if he makes fun of what I’m wearing?” I was losing my mind when a hand smacked my face, making me turn in surprise to Kendall.

“Shut up, Derek. How about we get through your first day on the new job? You fuck this up and you’ll never have another job in this business again, plus Cole would be pretty pissed you didn’t work out because his father would be all about how Cole screwed up again. Blah blah blah, the usual routine with that family, but that’s beside the point. Are you ready yet?”

I stepped out of my room, trying to straighten my hair. I was wearing my new suit with a red undershirt and a white tie. I looked thoroughly Canadian, which made me somewhat more proud of the fact I would be on TV. “Is this too much, I mean … do I look stupid?” Her face was expressionless, which made me feel a little uncomfortable. I was usually pretty good at reading Kendall’s body language, but she just stood there looking at me with this deadpan look. “Kendall … seriously … are you okay?”

“You…” she trailed of, walking towards me, “Derek … you look unbelievable!” She was now touching my suit, feeling ever crease in sight. “You clean up so well, the audience is going to eat you up.”

I turned off my straightener, looking her in the eyes, “Do you actually think I look good? I’m nervous it’s too much, should I tone it down a little bit?”