04. Uninvited Guest

A/N: Hey Guys, so I just got my schedule for next week and apparently, my boss really likes me ... so I'll be working almost 50 hours. This story might nit continue to be updated daily, but I will try to update it on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Thanks for the support, adore you all! :3

He took a deep breathe in, letting all the emotions he had been carrying with him for years just bubble to the surface. He looked really tired. His eyes were sunken in with huge black circles underneath them, his hair was a mess, his face was pretty hollow and he honestly looked like he hadn’t eaten in a while. I kind of felt bad, not really knowing the situation he was in.

“Listen, Benjamin … Kendall is going to be here soon; I have to go shopping for some new clothes. I have a new job on Monday and a date after work, so please … find somewhere else to go.”

In the three years I had been dating Benjamin, I had seen him cry once. His cat died and he was horrified, crying like a baby. Either than that, he didn’t cry when his parents died or when his brother got cancer or anything else. But now, here at my front door, he started bawling, letting everything out. I really had a hard time focusing.

“Damnit, Derek. I’ve been homeless for three months now; Kirin left me for a younger model and left me without anything. He took away anything and everything he ever gave to me and left me at the corner of Aspen Drive.” He took sniffles between sentences; he was generally upset “I saved up anything and everything strangers on the street would give me so I could get to you. Do you realize how much a bus costs to get here? I was trying to see you, I need to make amends. This is exactly what karma is and it kicked me really hard in the shins.”

I took a step back, trying to process everything he was telling me. He looked like he’d been homeless for at least a month, if not more. I guess Karma does work in mysterious ways, but that still didn’t give him an excuse for coming to see me, I wasn’t the one who wanted to see him at all. I had moved on and found someone who would probably be twenty to thirty times better than he ever was. But, my caring nature always took a front seat when anyone—even as asshole of an ex needed help.

“Fuck. Okay, come inside. But I swear Benjamin, touch me and I will kick you in the balls. I’ve moved on and I’m happy, so you can tell me your sob story, shower, get a change of clothes and get the fuck out.” I was actually surprised I had the balls to talk like this. I guess when anger takes over, your whole demeanor changes.

He held his head down as he walked in; I gave him a towel and let him go to the bathroom. I guess I should make him something to eat; it looks like he hasn’t eaten in months. I guess I’ll quickly cook up some eggs, maybe Kendall will take longer getting ready then I thought which would be okay. I could get Benjamin cleaned up, fed and out of my apartment quick as a bunny.

Just as I started to make something for him a knock at the door brought my entire attention to the task at hand, she was here now and he was here now. My mind froze and I became numb in the spot I was standing. I remember the last time we spoke of him and I remembered her exact words, I ever see that asshat again and I’ll make him into a girl, blood and everything. I quickly wiped my hands off, standing in front of the door, my hand on the handle as I took a few deep breathes, and this was going to be bad.

“I’ll be there in one minute” I yelled at the door, even though I was only a step from it. I was hoping to hear someone else’s voice on the other side, but then she spoke and my mind went berserk.

“I took an extra forty minutes, Derek! How are you not ready right now? God, are you masturbating? You better not be, you have a date on Monday!”

I cringed, my heart starting to beat an extra forty beats per minute. I felt the tightening around my orifices and I was about to lose my mind. How was this going to play out? As much as I hated Benjamin right now, I really didn’t want Kendall to kill him, especially in my apartment.