06. Paulina is a BEACH!

A/N: Well, here's a turn of events. I'v strayed from the original plot of this story, so next update will be about Derek's first day at work AND his date with Cole :3 Vote, comment, enjoy :3

Have you ever experienced a moment in life when the world is standing still and the only thing you can see going normal speed is what you’re focusing on? That moment when someone says something so outrageous, that pisses you off so much you just stand there staring at them, waiting for your Darth Vader powers to blow up their head? That moment was right now for me, staring in awkward silence as Kendall and Paulina stared at each other, glaring with an intensity of a full moon. I was watching them, the inside of me having a mini panic attack.

Let me explain the situation, because you’re probably sitting there asking yourself why are Kendall and Paulina trying to destroy each other with their eyes?

A few years back, a few months before me and Benjamin broke up, Kendall and I decided to take in a movie and some drinks at the local pub that was being built. We watched the movie and decided we were starving, so we went to a new café that had opened up a few weeks back. We had a few drinks and then we ended up going to a club, something by the name of thirty-three or something like that. Anyways, we got really drunk, Kendall taking in about two-hundred dollars’ worth of alcohol, she was obliterated.

We ended up at some house party Yes, I know it’s awkward a twenty-four and a twenty-nine year old ended up at a house party, it seems like we might be in high school. We drank even more, I ended up getting alcohol poisoning, and throwing up for the rest of the night. But Kendall was more of a trooper, she ended up in bed with another girl. Wouldn’t luck have it when I went to throw up in the bathroom I walked in on them and ended up seeing my best friend with some girl? If only I could have been turned gay-er, right? I swear, watching them mash their vaginas together like that, yuck. Anyways, I’m getting super side-tracked. I think I might have accidently threw up in my mouth. Okay, wow.

So Kendall and what I later found out was someone I had known well, being Benjamin’s sister in all were making sweet sweet lesbian love in the spare bedroom. Kendall refuses to talk about it because apparently when she talks about vaginas I give her the “face”. Whatever that means. So when I confronted Paulina about it, she just laughed. Apparently they had done it a few times before. So that’s the back story to this little drama parade. Now, back to where I was sitting, because shit got real, real quick!

“I didn’t think I’d see you again, you’re looking good.” Oh snap! Girls only use the whole “looking good” shit when you know really they’re pissed off. “I was hoping to steal a minute away from Derek, seeing as I really need to talk to him about some stuff.”

The aura coming from Kendall could have probably strangled Karma herself right now, I could see the anger in her eyes, she was not pleased right now, but I never expected what would come out of her mouth the next second, “Listen here, bitch. He wants nothing to do with you or your home wrecking brother, so please … find somewhere else to drag that sticky snatch of yours. Okay? Thanks.”

I think my mouth may have started to unhinge itself, I had never seen Kendall use language like that before, she usually kept her thoughts dirty and her mouth clean, but the slight smirk on her ace suggested she was pleased with herself.

“No, I need to…” Paulina started, but Kendall was right at my defense.

“Did you not hear me correctly? I said he doesn’t want anything to do with you, you can turn around and walk the other way.”

I had to speak up, I loved Kendall, but this was way out of hand. “Kendall, it’s alright. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” I could see Paulina smirking, which made me slightly angry, “No Paulina, she was right, I don’t actually WANT to talk to you, but I will, so wipe that smirk off your face before I sick Kendall on you.” I thumbed towards Kendall who growled slightly.

Walking away a few feet, I turned around, glaring at Paulina, “So, what is it you want to talk about? If it has to do with Benjamin, he’s fine. I even gave him money! Yay!” I gave her a roll eye, which made her look even more upset with me, but did I really care? I was friends with her because I was banging her brother.

“Derek, you don’t just give someone money because you’re a nice person, you give it to them because you’re still in love with them. Why are you stringing him along if you’ve apparently, found someone else. Could you please tell me why you’re being a dick?”

I was standing there half ignoring her when I heard her call me a dick. Did she honestly say that? Wow, she’s quite delusional. “I’m being the dick, are you actually being serious right now?”

She gave me a look like I was going crazy, but she proceeded to repeat herself, “Yes, you’re being a dick.”

I couldn’t help myself; I started laughing as loud as I possibly could. It just came out, everyone was staring at me, I just turned red with a laughing fit, feeling my stomach about to burst, and I took a deep breath.  “You don’t even know the half of it, Paulina. Did your brother tell you how he broke up with me? Did he even tell you he broke up with me? Did he explain the situation and how he absolutely destroyed what little of a heart I had left?” My usually quiet demeanor changed incredibly, I was so angry with her right now. “He ended our three year “relationship” by not only telling me he never really loved me, but also telling me he had been sleeping with his boss for the last three months. He tore my heart out, stomped on it and then spit on it. But you have the audacity to say I’m the dick?”

She looked pissed, anger could be seen in her eyes, but she wasn’t saying anything. She was about to talk when Kendall walked up to us, “So, is there still a problem or can I please take my best friend back to the happy times of his promotion?”

Paulina smirked at us, “So, you got a promotion, hey?” She looked at her nails, smiling to herself, “So that’s how you got your promotion, hey? Did you suck your boss’ dick?”

I couldn’t stop what happened next, one minute I was fuming over what was being said to me and the next second, Kendall had her hand raised and slapping Paulina’s face, “You can go fuck off, you spoilt excuse for a human. He got the promotion because he actually works, unlike some people in our society, he makes a contribution to the world. When was the last time you worked, Paulina? Oh yea, that’s right … three days before the party we met at. Get out of my face before I learn how to make a fist and use that against your face.”

She moved slightly back, trying to grasp what just happened, her face was in total shock, you could tell she was trying to undertand what happened in the last thirty seconds, “You’re psycho.” She moved away from us, walking towards the door, “This isn’t over yet, Derek. I will find out the truth eventually.”

I sighed, sitting back down, looking at the destroyed Teen Burger sitting in front of me, I wasn’t that hungry anymore. My thoughts trailed onto tomorrow, which was going to be a few hours of sleep away. Would I make a good news anchor? Would everyone like me? More importantly, how was this date with Cole going to go?

My stomach started turning, oh god … I have a date with My Boss’ Son!