Chapter 22

Omg!!!!!!! This hit 2K reads!!!!!! Thank you guys so much!!!!! I can't believe that!!!!!! Less than 2 weeks ago we hit 1K!!!!!! Omg tysm!!!!!!!

"What do you want?" Fitz growled.

"Can't a guy come home to visit his family?" Alvar asked, wrapping his arm around his mothers shoulders. She shrugged him off. "Fine, I'll admit there is another reason. It seems we missed someone." He glanced at Amy. She shifted in her seat.

Oralie stood up, whispering into her Imparter. Juline moved behind Amy's chair, protecting the girl.

Alvar raised his hands, as if saying he was innocent. Which he's not, Sophie thought.

"You really think that I'm here to take her? You think I could do it alone?"

"Are you alone?" Tiergan asked.

Alvar smiled. "You got me."

Ruy stepped into the room. Juline reached forward to pull Amy further away from the Neverseen, but her hand jerked back, a burn already forming. Amy moved to stand up and back away, but she cried out in pain, burns forming.

Sophie felt sick to her stomach. This must be what they had done to Wylie, creating a forcefield that burned him whenever he moved. She remembered how he had looked after: burns covering his body, unconscious because he couldn't bear the trauma. Her sister was a human, and her mind wasn't as strong. What would happen to her?

Sophie pushed her consciousness toward Amy. Her mind hit the forcefield, unable to get past. She took a deep breath, squeezing Fitz's hand. He must have understood what she was doing, because she felt a buzz of energy enter her mind. She combined that with her own mental energy, preparing to do a brain push. She pushed against the forcefield, and almost felt it give way, but it stayed intact. She pulled off her glove, enhancing Fitz's abilities. He combined his consciousness with hers, and they pushed.

The forcefield shattered, sending beams of energy throughout the room, burning people on their shoulders or other odd body parts. But Amy was free. She scurried back.

Alvar sighed. "I see you're going to be difficult. You're only going to make it worse."

Sophie glanced to see Linh pulling water from the air, struggling to create a wall to push Alvar and Ruy from the room. She hurried over, slipping her hand it hers. A huge wall pushed the two out the door, but the dining room remained dry and undamaged. Linh pulled away then. Sophie remembered when the girl had found out about her newest ability, and had been terrified of losing control again.

Alvar smirked as he entered the room again. "I see you've manifested again." Sophie froze, eyes wide. She had been worried of what the Neverseen would do when they found out her newest ability. She spun, looking for her glove, and spotted Oralie crumpled in the corner. She had been hit square in the back by the exploding forcefield and appeared to be unconscious. Sophie rushed over.

She turned around in despair, and saw Ruy dragging Amy with him. He had presumably created a forcefield, because everyone watched helplessly as they left. Sophie leaned back against the wall, tears streaming down her face.

Again thank you guys so much!!!!!!!! I honestly can't believe it!! I'm so excited for the next few chapters! See you next weekend!