chapter 25

Gerald:

I went to bed that night, that night, thinking about the notebook. Hindi pa nya nababasa. Nakakahiya naman yung mga sinulat ko doon. Baka kung aong maisip nya, baka matakot na sa akin at mailang. Baka umiwas na sya. I wanted to call her, but then I emembered that I still had not gotten her number. Grrr....

She was leaving for the States in three weeks. I had to get her number before then. I wouldn't know what I do. If asked someone else, there'd be speculations or worse. I wanted to keep this private.

Just then, I got a text from Nhila, my handler that I truly love and adore.

Ge, medyo light lang schedule mo. This week, you have a storycon for a new teleserye on Wednesday. On Tuesday, thursay and Friday, you have Asap rehersals. 3 prods. Opening, full circle and Supahdance. Lyrical with Sarah. You have tomorrow off to do what you like.

I texted her back, "thanks" and "take care".

So, I have a lyrical dance with Sasa. This would be a perfect time to ask for her number. Now all I need are the guts to ask her.

"Arf!"

I looked down from my bed. "Hey BOy! WHat are you doing here, huh?"

It was George, my St. Benard. I brought him with me to Tanay one time for our shooting. Everyone was afrad of his because of his size, but not Sarah. She seemed more at ease with dogs than humans sometimes. Even dogs loved her. Him and Evole, Sarah's dog became really close.

He saw the  movie poster of Catch me on the desk, and started whining.

"Miss mo sya noh?" I told him. "Buti ka pa nga, hinalikan ka nya, ako pa hindi. Inunahan ako ng aso ko makahalik sa leading lady ko."

I took him outside, back to his kennel before the sun sets.

I saw my mom sitting on one of the patio chairs. "Mom!" I called. She looked up, and smiled. I went u to her and kissed her on the forehead. "Anong ginagawa mo dyan?"

"Wala lang. Nagpapahangin, senti-senti."

"Oh." I answered lamely. "Uh..Ma...paano ka niligawan ni Dad dati?"

She looked at me. "Bakit mo naman natanong anak? May babae ka bang pinopormahan ngayon?"

I shrugged, not answering the question. "Ma, Corny ba ako?"

She laughed. "To be honest anak, Oo. Sobra. Nakakatuwa nga minsan eh. Nakakakilig. Parang tatay mo. Mhilig mag flatter, mag bigay-bigay ng mga regalo, mga pick-up lines, katulad mo. Dyan nga ako nainlove eh. Natuwa ako nung nakita ko na ganun ka din."

I smiled, and gave a soft chuckle. I missed Dad, all of a sudden. 

"Ma, do you think a girl would b lucky to have me?"

"Syempre naman anak. Kahit sino pang babae yan, swerteng swerte sa yo."

I smiled, and embraced he. "Thanks mom."

She seemed surprised by my emotions. "No problem anak."

"Mom, libre pala ako bukas. Anong gusto mo gawin?"

Her eyes sparkled. "Talaga anak? Perhaps we could do something altogether. You me and Ken."

"Sure Mom."

"Gerald, hindi mo pa sinasagot tung tanong kokanina."

"Ha? Anong tanong yun?"

She looked at me. "Meron ka bang babaeng pinopormahan ngayon?"

"Uhm....May....potential?" I struggled to say.

"Oh Gerald, kung makita mo lang ang mukha mo kapag inlove."

I bit my lip. "Ganun ba akong bilis basahin ma?"

"Hindi naman anak. Kilala lang kasi kita. Ako ang nanay mo diba?"

"Yeah...Sige Ma, una na po ako sa loob."

"Sige anak."

I gave her another kiss on the forehead and headed inside.

Sobrang corny pala. naku...ang green sticky note nanilgay ko sa likod ng journal. Uh-oh...

Sarah:

Why on earth would Gerald give me his journal? I sih, and flipped the page. It was dated, 

Today's my 15th birthday. I dunno why, but mom gave me this journal to write in. I told her it was stupid. I was a guy, and I had no desire to write in here anyways. She told me to give it a try, so here I am. I don't know what to write. My interests? I like basketball, and cars. Most especially dogs.

I smiled at this, knowing that he was a dog lover, just like me.

Dogs were my companions. They're awesome! Yeah...So, I saw this girl at school. Her name's Diane. She was really pretty, but I was too shy to have the couage to say hi. Everyone calls me torpe. It kinda annoys me, but oh well.

It was cute reading about Gerald when he was a teenager. I flipped the pages, reading about his crushes, his dogs, schoolwork, fights and basketball.

 But why would he give me this? It was a sweet gesture but...still. I was confused.

My phone beeped. It was from ate Anna.

Bebe! Medyo busy ka ngayon! pasensya, pero mag babakasyon ka naman soon eh. Sa Monday, you have a pictorial sa Jolibee, then straight taping ng commercial. I think you jollyfries ata yun. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Asap Rehersals. You have four prods. Opening, champions, SOS and lyrical with Ge. Wednesday, you have recording for your new album. Kaya yan!

I smiled. "Thanks po ate!" I texted back. Phew. So busy. But I'm glad I'm busy. It sows that people still want me around.

I went back to Gerald's notebook. I flipped to the last page.

I have so many crushes, yet I really don't know what my ideal girl is, So I guess I'll write it in here for future reference.

I guess...I guess I want someone siple. Someone who is beauiful without even trying. Someone who loves her parents as much as I love my mom. Someone who's caring. Someone who doesn't know her affect towards me or other people, and doesn't abuse it. I want a girl who can comfort me, and I can comfort her. I want to be her protector, this girl I'm  describing, But  I guess it's a tall order. I doubt I'll ever find a girl who fits this description. I doubt I'll find a girl like that.

Huh. He has high expectations for the girl, doesn't he? I'm guessing that he'll have to wait a while for that dream girl of his. But, I hope he finds her. He desrves a person like that. 

I read on.

In the slight chance that I find this girl, I'll give her this notebook so she'll know how much she means to me.

I stare at those words. The meaning not sinking in. What?

Underneath the paragraph was another writing, which looked much more recent.

It's 2011. Such a long time since I've toughed this journal. Grabe. Ang corny ko pala. Nakakhiya. Pero, tutuparin ko yung pangako kong sinulat dito a long time time ago. I'll give this notebook to the one that fits my description. To my dream girl. And I think...I think I've found her.

At the bottom was a light green sticky note.

Sarah Asher Tua Geronimo. Sasa.

Can I be your protector?

-Gege.

_________________________________________________________________

Hello po!!!! Sana po nagustuhan nyo po ang chapter na to :) Sorry po kung medyo rushed. Peace!