Chapter 2

Gerald's First Shooting Day 

Gerald:

Here we go. First shooting day. Breathe, Gerald Breathe. I was so freaking nervous and so excited at the same time. I felt adrenaline shoot through my body. 

"Good morning Direk!" I jogged over to her. "Ready ba po tayo sa shooting?"

"Oo, set up lang tayo." She replied.

I go back to my room, and read over my lines. Apparantly, Sarah had concert rehearsals, so she wasn't going to start shooting for three day. Boy, that girl was busy.

Last week, when I first met Sarah, she seemed like the quiet school girl who always does her work. She was obediant, texting her mother every five seconds. She seemed quiet, reserved, but there was some kind of transparency to her. Unlike most of the artists, she was....honest.

That was what really struck me. 

A celebrity, honest? It seemed like most of the people today were so plastic they could float (not to sound like a girl or anything).

She didn't seem that way. She would smile, and look like she didn't have a care in the world, but her eyes would tell otherwise. Her eyes had looked tired, and streesed, but her face looked as if  she just woke up from a nap, fresh and clean. I just got this from talking to her for two hours.

I got up, and got ready to shoot the scene. My character was the son of a president who falls in love with an NGO worker, which was Sarah's character. The scene was when I was arguing with my father about doing something worthwhile. 

"Gusto ko naman sana, makita ka ng buong Pilipinas."

"Nakita na ako ng buong Pilipinas."

"Na may matino kang ginagawa."

It was a fun shoot. In the movie, my father was Mr. Christopgher De Leon, and my mom was Ms. Dawn Zulweta. I was really proud to be working with these big stars. They were really nice, and they taught me a lot of things to help improve on my acting.

I was really excited for the outcome of the movie. The story was light, compared to anything I've ever done in my acting career. It was a romantic-comedy, so it was self-explanitory.

Sarah's first shooting day

Sarah:

Super duper Exciteeeeddd!!!!!!!!

I was bouncing up and down, full of energy. First Shooting day!!!!!!! My mom looked at me and laughed.

"Anak, upo ka nga jan. Napaka likot mo!"

I sat down obediently. "Sorry po mommy."

 I started fiddling with my thumbs, looking around the place where we going to be shooting. It was in Caloocan, where my character lives. Her name was Roan Sanchez from Caloocan. I laughed quietly to myself.

Looking up, I see Matteo walking towards me.

"Matt!" I wave, and gestured for him to sit beside me. 

"Kamusta na Sarah?"

"Ok lang. Excited na for the shoot." I smile.

"Halata nga. Kanina pa kita nakikita, tumatalon, kumakanta."

I blush. It was just so like me to be like that. 

Seeing my reaction, Matteo laughed. "Ahahaha. Ok lang. Ang cute nga eh."

I laugh as well, feeling totally at ease with him. He was nice, and funny. He had told me a year ago, that he had a crush on me, but I waved it away, telling him that I looked at him as a brother...like most boys. Now, he was courting my best friend, and to tell the truth, they looked really good together. 

'Kamusta na si Maja?" I ask

That got him to blush.

"Um....ok lang." His face growing beet red.

Now, it was my turn to laugh. 

"Guys! start na tayo mag take!" Direk Mae called.

I got up, ready to shoot. It was a part of the movie when Matteo's character, Vitto, was teasing Roan about getting a boyfriend when she's forty.

"Roan...."

"Ano?"

"Baka kapag, fory ka na, maka hanap ka na ng boyfriend."

"Alam mo, bata pa lang tayo...Wala ka na talagang kwentang kausap. Bumalik ka na lang sa Italy kasama ng mommy mo, tutal, hindi makapag tapos sa pag aaral!"

"Ano ka ba, Joke lang! Roan naman oh!"

"heh!"

We had about about three takes, with me laughing my head off after every take. I was so hyper that day, I kept getting stern looks from my mother. We filmed two more scenes with me and matteo, which was mostly about his character teasing mine, and him and my character's brothers ganging up on me.

Soon. I was able to control my laughter, and became more serious with the work. Now that I had started, the serious Sarah showed up, and my mind was completely set on the task in front of me. I paid attention to our director, doing everything she told me to do, whether I thought it was ridiculous or not.

We had a lot of fun, doing things that we wouldn't normally do. I met up with the rest of the cast, or, Roan's family.Her brothers were played by Ketchup, Fred and Janus. I was shy at first, meeting them for the first time, but I warmed up quickly. They were funny, and teased me in every single way, sometimes acting like a bunch baboons.

By the end, I was completely exhausted, and was happy when we were done, and were able to go home.

Tomorrow, I start fiming with Gerald.