chapter 15

Sarah:

I woke up to find my head resting on his shoulder. I quickly sat up, blushing. Anong ng yari? 

He put his hand behind his head and looked away. I stared outside the window, looking at the grass outside.

"Uhhmm...Ng dito na ba tayo?" Obviously Sarah, ng dito na tayo. 

"Oo...Sarap ng tulog mo ah..."  He began twidling his thumbs.

Awkward.

"Uh, Sarah, labas muna ako. Stuffy dito eh."

I watched him get out of the van, his face expressionless.

I just sat there for a good 5 minutes, wondering what happened. Usually, I wasn't a mobile sleeper. I usually just stayed in one position while I slept. So how did my head move from the window do Ge's  shoulder? Baka umurong ka lang bigla. Hala. Bakit kung anong inisip ni Gerald naman dun. Nakakahiya naman. I shook my head, and woke up my mother and sister.

"Ate Shine! Mommy! Gising na po! Ng dito na tayo."

"Sige anak, mauna ka na."

I nodded, and climbed outside the van.

Th scenery was beautiful. It was all green, and not a trace of the city. I inhaled the fresh air, trying to calm down my nerves. I saw Gerald, a few steps away, looking at me. I smiled at him, awkwardly, and went to go see Direk.

"Good Morning Direk!" I greeted her.

"Good Morning Sarah." She smiled. "Ang sarap ng tulog mo kanina ah."

"Na rinig ko nga." I said, feigning interest in the dirt.

She chuckled. "So...How do you like our setting?"

"I love it!" I gushed. "Ang ganda po talaga. Bagay na bagay po sila Roan at Erick dito."

"Yes...Bagay nga talaga..." She murmured.

"Sige Sa, set up muna kami, tawagin ko nalang kayo mamaya pag ready na."

 I nodded, and she went to the rest of the crew who had arrived in a seperate car. I looked around, wishing I could explore a little bit, before we had to work.

I walked around, looking at the flowers, the grass, the sky. I saw Gerald, by the car, looking down at his phone with disappointment. I could tell that he had a hard time loooking for a signal. I laughed quietly to myself, and went over to him.

"Walang signal dito noh?"

"Ha? Wala..."He slears his throat. "Wala nga..."

I give him a small smile and look away. Since this morning, things were awkward. Well, for me it was. I wondered what Gerald was thinking.

"So...Excited to shoot?" I glanced at him, with my lame attempt at a conversation.

"Yeah, I guess..." He blushed.

We stood there awkwardly for another few minutes.

"Sarah...I wanted to ask you something..." Gerald looked at me.

"Ano?"

"well...I wanted to ask if..." He was biting his lips, wetting them with his tounge, and fidgeting.

"Ano yun?"

"Well, I wanted to ask you if....if you liked-"

"SARAH! GERALD! START NA TAYO!"

Gerald:

I glanced down at my phone. No connection. Paano ko ba mattext si Fred? Si Mama? Well, they knew for sure that there would be no signal, but I wanted someone to text. Guidance, maybe. I didn't know what to do. I was panicking.

"Walang signal dito noh?"

I looked up and saw Sarah. She was staring in my general direction, but she wouldn't look up at my eyes. 

"Ha? Wala...Wala nga." I glanced at my phone.

She looked away. "So...Excited to shoot?"

"Yeah, I guess." My cheekes were on fire.

We stood there for a few minutes.

Sabihin mo na sa kanya, Gerald. An inner voice told me. I was contemplating whether or not. I was afraid that she might not like me in the same way. Guys have their insecurities too, not just girls.

"Sarah...I wanted to ask you something..." I looked at her.

"Ano?" She still wouldn't look me in the eye.

"well...I wanted to ask if..." My palms got all sweaty. Kaya mo to Ge.

"Ano yun?" She asked again.

Breathe Ge, Breathe. Kaya mo to. Calm down. "Well, I wanted to ask you if....if you liked-"

"SARAH! GERALD! START NA TAYO!"

I stopped midsentence.

She looked up at the sound of Direk's voice. "Sige po Direk!" She called.

She turned to face me. "If I liked what, Ge?"

I panicked. "Wala...uhm...if you liked...flowers!" I said, grabbing a handful on the ground and offering them to her.

She gave me a strange  look. I was so close to hyperventilating, it was not even funny."Uh...Salamat..." She accpeted them, and walked off.

Sigh. Ano ba ang ngyari sa yo Ge?'