Chapter 7

Gerald:

I followed the stage manager, weaving through the people to get backstage. I took a deep breath. kaya ko ba to? I stepped into the room, and saw Sarah in the corner, a stylist fixing her hair.

"Sarah!" I called.

She looked up and saw me almost immediately. A smile lit up her face. She seemed like a little child, angelic, and innocent.

"Gerald!" She waved.

I walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Ang ganda mo ngayon ah..."

She blushed. "Ikaw talaga, bolero. Baka ikaw....Ang gwapo naman ni Mr. Gerald Anderson ngayon ah! Inspired?"

It was my turn to blush. "Ikaw kasi..."

"Ano?"

I snapped out of it. "Uhm...wala. Ikaw kasi, ang galing mo kanina."

"Oh..." She bit her lip. "Ready ka na?"

"Medyo Nervous." I admitted. "Hindi ko alam kung ano gagawin ko-natin. Kanina ko lang nalaman na may spiel tayo eh. Ikaw, ready ka na ba?"

"Medyo. Ako nga din eh, mga five minutes ago lang sinabi sa akin na may spiel tayo, pero, okay na rin, para maging aware na aang mga tao sa pelikula natin, diba?"

"Well, at least magaling sa adlib ung partner ko, diba?" I smiled, elbowing her.

She laughed. Again, I got mesmerized with the famous Sarah laugh. It was just the same as when I heard it during taping. I never realized how much I had missed that laugh.

"Hindi naman noh. Sino kaya dito sa atin dalawa ang Action-Drama Prince? Kaya mo un!"

"Gerald, Sarah! Halika na! spiel nyo na!"

Without thinking, I took her by the hand. "Ready to go?"

She looked at our hands. Before I dould defend my actions, she smiled. "Sige."

Sarah:

I saw Gerald almost immediately. I smiled, probably looking like an idiot. When I first saw him in the audienced, I was really surprised. Pumunta sya! It took all my strength to not start jumping up and down like a little child. I was really glad he'd come. 

He walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek. I could feel my cheeks burning, and I looked down, trying desperately to hide the blush.

"Ang ganda mo ngayon ah..."

I blushed harder.

"Ikaw talaga, bolero. Baka ikaw....Ang gwapo naman ni Mr. Gerald Anderson ngayon ah! Inspired?"

He looked down and blushed. I had to admit, he looked quite dashing. 

"Ikaw kasi eh..."

I wondered what girl caught her eye. That woman would be very lucky to have man like...wait, what?

"Ano?"

"Uhmm..wala. Ikaw kasi, ang galing mo kanina."

Yun lang pala. I bit my lip, trying to hide the disappoinment. Ano ba Sarah, bakit ka naman madidisappoint? wala naman eh...ikaw, masyado kang assuming. Wala to. 

We kept talking for awhile. I never realized how much I missed seeing him everyday. He was someone who was easy to talk to. He listened to me, and made me laugh. I knew that I had found a friend.

"Gerald, Sarah! Halika na! spiel nyo na!" The manager called.

I felt a warmweight on my hand.

"Ready to go?"

He had taken my hand. Slowly, I smiled with how at ease I felt with him. "Sige."

Gerald:

We stepped onto the platform. Kaya mo to gerald. Kaya mo to. I look at Sarah, and she had her head down, focused. At least one of us is ready.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, ang aking bagong leading man, Mr. Gerald Anderson!!!!!"