.:: Chapter 15 : The Only Reason ::.

.:: Evie's POV || One day later ::

I sighed and ran to go find Carlos. (Y/n) is one of my closest friends, and I promised her that I'd talk to Carlos about this. I was sort of nervous because I didn't want him to get mad at me, since he's been on edge lately.

Nothing I can't handle, though!

I couldn't find him, so I went onto the Tourney field where I found him, Jay, and Ben training for the next game. Strange how it was nighttime and they were training.

I cleared my throat, "Boys?"

Ben looked up and smiled. "Hey Evie!"

Jay looked over, "Oh, hey Evie. Didn't see you there."

"It's okay," I smiled. "Can I borrow Carlos for a bit please?"

"Carlos? Sure. Carlos!" Ben yelped to the other side of the field.

"What?" Carlos yelled.

"Evie needs you! C'mere!"

About a minute later Carlos comes onto the field. "Hey Evie! Whats up?"

"Carlos, we really need to talk. Walk with me."

He raised a brow and followed me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"You and (Y/n)! That's whats wrong!"

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"This is what you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Yes! Of course! Carlos, she's my best friend here besides Mal. She's extremely hurt because you keep bullying her every day. What's going on? You're never like this to anybody, so why (Y/n)? I don't get it."

Carlos sighed. "You really want to know why?"

"Duhsies!"

"Never say that again."

"Alright, but in all seriousness I do want to know why."

"Fine." Carlos sighed, "I'm Cruella's son. She's Rodger and Anita's daughter. See where I'm heading?"

"Yes," I roll my eyes. "That is the stupidest card you could've ever tried to pull on me. Carlos, that doesn't matter. We're good now. All of us decided we want to be good, or at least try to be while we're here. You didn't have a problem with her before so why do you have one now?"

"It's because of Jane. She helped me realize that we'd both get badly hurt in the future because we're dating when we shouldn't. We're supposed to hate each other, not fall in love with each other! That just doesn't work, Evie!"

"But it does, Carlos. It does. You may not believe it but it really does. You love her, right?"

"Loved."

"Fine. Loved her, right?"

He's silent for a moment.

"Yeah."

"And just because Jane told you that you shouldn't be dating you believed her?"

"Yeah."

"You idiot!" I smacked the back of his head.

"Hey! God, Evie, what was that for?!" he frowned.

"Jane was forced by Audrey to break you two up! (Y/n) and Mal both heard the two of them talking about it! You broke up with her and gave Audrey what she wanted!" I groaned.

Carlos looked at the floor and put his hands in his pockets, "Is that really what happened, Evie?"

"I swear on my life, Carlos. She still loves you. She's so hurt. But I still don't understand why you bullied her all of a sudden."

"I felt that since I'm the villain in her story I had to be mean to her. Trust me, it killed me every time I did it, Evie." he sighed.

"Then why did you keep doing it?"

"I thought I didn't have a choice," he frowned.

"You always have a choice, Carlos. You always do," I smiled at him.

"I wish I had known that before..." he chuckled a little. "I need to apologize to her immediately."

"Yeah, you kinda do," I smirked and laughed.

"Thanks for telling me this whole thing, Evie. I probably would be still mad at her if you didn't tell me this," he hugged me and I hug him back.

"You're welcome, Carlos. Now go get your girl back!" I grinned.

"Don't have to tell me twice!" he laughed.