Mattress

I woke up to the sound of scratching underneath my bed. I sat up slowly and stiffly as I tried to let my eyes adjust to the darkness around me. I blinked a few times until I could finally see right. The scratching sounded louder than before and I grew quite scared seeing as I left the cat outside my room tonight.

I pulled my feet towards my chest and waited for the worst. It never came because after a few more moments, the sound stopped and I could relaxed. I laid back in bed and closed my eyes, relieved. Not only within a few minutes of closing my eyes, the sound started again. This time I could hear the heavy breathing of the thing underneath my mattress and I was terrified.

I closed my eyes tightly and counted slowly. The scratching sounded closer. I willed myself to believe that there was no such things as monsters and that became my mantra. I almost believed it too, if I didn't hear a tiny voice call out.

"It's dusty under here."

I froze in place and sucked in a deep breath. Did I truly hear that or did I imagine it. I heard a tiny cough and I squeaked slightly.

"It's so messy that I can barley get comfortable. Wont you clean it?"

My heart was hammering in my chest and my eyes were wild. I couldn't get my parents because I was afraid to touch the floor, in fear that the thing would get me. So I had no choice but to sit there.

A tiny hand grabbed a fistful of my covers and I drew my legs into myself. Peeking over the top of my bed was a hairy little monster with fangs and horns on its head. Its eyes glowed a silvery blue.

"It's much better up here isn't it."

It pulled itself all the way on my bed and stared me square in the face. I trembled in fear and backed away slowly.

"Won't you clean up your mess?" It waited for an answer but I wasn't able to give one.

"Fine, if that's what you want."

It hopped off the bed again and I almost let out a sigh of relief until I felt its slimy hand grab my ankle. I let out a blood curdling scream as it dragged me off my bed and onto the floor. The thing let out a sneeze again.

"It's so dusty under there." It said almost like it was reminiscing.

And with that, it crushed me underneath the bed, screaming at the top of its lungs.

"Why don't you ever clean underneath your bed!"

I tried letting out a scream but my ribs were cracking underneath the pressure and my throat was dry. I could barley move under there and could only scuttle around using my hands.

It made an awful scratching sound.

Not to mention all the junk that was placed underneath it, it made it impossible to move.

I let out a sneeze as the dust started to affect me.

"It's so dusty under here."