Collectibles

Each and every girl was equally different and equally beautiful but they were no more than collectibles left to rot.
_____________________

This story is kind of like Alice in Wonderland .

WARNING: This is somewhat lengthy...

+ + +

"What's happened to you! Why are you acting like this?" He yelled in her face.

It was another one of their arguments, nothing new.

"I'm not acting any different, you are!" She yelled back.

"No. You've been misbehaving ever since-"

"Mom died, right." She stared at him, facial features stony and cold.

She felt frozen inside, they haven't talked about her ever since she 'passed away.' Well, that's what everyone else called it, but they knew the truth. She died that night and it was her fault, and hers alone.

"I-I" he stuttered, having lost his words.

If only she didn't make her buy that stupid doll, she'd be alive today. She didn't even play with it now.

"Go ahead and say it. You've been blaming this one all on me, so say it. Say that I'm the reason that mom died." She stated calmly staring into his stormy eyes.

"Just. . go. Go to your room." He closed his eyes wearily and sat down.

She looked too much like her mother and he couldn't bear to look at her anymore.

"You can't make me! Your not my mother."

A lump formed in her throat as she said the word,'mother'. Funny how such a little word can affect people.

"Go!" He roared, making me jump.

She grabbed her coat and headed for the door, slamming it on my way out. She didn't know where she was going, but what 10 year old did when they were running away, so she headed in the only direction she knew.

The cold air slapped her in the face and wrapped a bony fist around her as she walked a little faster toward the vast unknown; the woods. Normally, she would've went back inside and apologized to her daddy like a good little girl but, no, not this time. She wanted him to worry. She wanted him to know what it feels like to blame yourself for everything and also, the woods were glowing with a faint eerie light and she was a very curious child. So she trudged on, stopping at the very entrance of the woods as second doubts crossed her mind.

If you don't go through with this, he'll never take you seriously.

Gaining the courage, she stepped inside and was swallowed whole by the darkness. She squinted in the dark, trying to make out a path for her to walk on. There were none. She kept constantly stumbling over logs and pieces of debris but she didn't stop. Something made her keep going even though the light from earlier seemed to disappear. A thorn pricked her calf and her feet flew from underneath her. She landed with thud on her face. Sitting up, she brushed herself off and touched a tentative hand to her calf, it was bleeding, but nothing too serious. She stood up again and walked with a lame leg deeper into the woods.

The trees opened up a little as she neared a clearing so the moon shone through, given her a little light. In the middle of her path, a pale white rabbit sat on its haunches, watching her. She froze, not knowing what to do. Inching forward slowly, she called out to it softly, trying not to scare it.

His nose twitched in amusement as he turned tail and ran. He could hear her thunderous footsteps behind him.

She rounded the bend, making sure to keep the rabbit in sight. Even with her lame leg, she kept on going. She didn't know why it was so important that she follow it, but she did. As she ran, she searched frantically for the rabbit, but he couldn't see it anywhere. Her foot must've slipped because the next thing she knew, she was going