Curry and Confusion

It took Ace about half an hour to explain the virus that they were dealing with in a way that everyone understood it before they got to leave and go to their dorms. It was late afternoon, after all.

"It's called the Double X virus," Shuko had said as he grabbed another bag of shrimp chips. "I haven't seen a virus this strong since I was about 14."

Jasmin still didn't fully understand the virus itself, but Shuko and Ace did say they were still getting information on it.

The blonde man stopped at the window that faced away from the main building of the organization. It faced the sea, which was somewhat weird, given their location. The Wisdom's headquarters was high atop a hill in the 3rd district. There were 12 districts in all, but the only few 'worth' mentioning were the 1st through the 5th. 6-12 were more unknown, and no one other than the government officials knew what was beyond the 5th. It was said that people never came back when they tried to visit the 6th district, but Jasmin wasn't sure if anyone ever visited it in the first place.

Districts honestly shouldn't exist. It's not like they do anything for us... but I suppose it's easier to organize things that way.

Jasmin let out a sigh. The first is for the government and the super-rich. The second is for the military. The third is for the government official's families and organizations like this one. The fourth, where most of us live, is where more common civilians live. The fifth is for the poorer group, but there's also tech gurus there as well. Some people say it's to protect us from the 6th district, but I doubt it. It's probably just so that they can keep an eye on 3 and 4.

A sudden knock at Jasmin's door pulled him out of his thoughts and he went to answer it, wondering who it was.

He smiled when he saw Oscar on the other side. "Hey, Oscar-chan~!"

Oscar glared at him.

"What brings you here~?" Jasmin asked, leaning against the doorframe. Oscar held out a package. "It's from Shuko. He wanted me to bring it to you."

Jasmin looked at the package. It seemed basic enough, no larger than about four cereal boxes laid 2 by 2.

I wonder what it's for.

Feeling curious, Jasmin took the box from Oscar, accidentally brushing his hand in the process and earning himself another glare.

Jeez, Oscar-chan, your eyes could kill someone someday...

"Thank you, Oscar-chan," Jasmin said a bit quieter, not wanting to anger the bookworm. Oscar rolled his eyes before turning around. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Later, then." He gave Jasmin a short wave before starting to walk away.

Jasmin bit his lip. Maybe there's a way for me to stall him... oh!

"Hey, Oscar-chan~!" He called before Oscar was at the bottom of the stairs. He heard a faint sigh of irritation.

"What?"

Jasmin grinned. I hope this works. "I have a book I think you might like~!" He said and he knew he must've piqued the tsundere's interest because it took Oscar a moment to respond.

"...fine."

Oscar stomped up the stairs, not looking Jasmin in the eyes. "This better be quick."

~

A good two hours later, Jasmin and Oscar were sitting across from each other at a short table, each on a cushion. Jasmin had made curry since Shuko had supplied them all with a few day's worth of food beforehand.