Chapter 17

*Tates POV*

Her lips on his. The same flashback rippled through my mind consistently.
His hands latched on her cheek. I had seen Violet's innocence wash out of her veins. The same innocence I grew to love.

That was not my Violet. She didn't act this way. She probably was forced, or it was his move, not hers. I just had to hear her out right? I thought as the constant banging of Violets boney fists slammed into the bathroom door.

"Tate! Open the door. We have to talk about this." She pleaded, as I could hear agony infuse her voice. "Tate..." She whimpered as I heard her slid down the door into a crouch position.

I quietly opened the door, to see Violets tiresome eyes meet mine. "I..." She started, but I pressed my pointed finger to my mouth and signaled her to come in. Reluctantly, she crawled over to the wall I was leaning on and made a seat next to me.

"Tell me what happened before I break his skull." I said bitterly, not willing to speak his name.

"Well, I was in his room to tell him I just wanted to be friends. A few days ago, he was kind of flirting with me, you could say," I winced at the foreign words. "Anyways, I was going to break off whatever we 'had' and tell him I just wanted to be friends, but when I tried to speak, we kind of kissed..."

"You mean you kissed him or he kissed you?" I asked as fury coursed through my veins like a lethal injection.

"Tate, please don't make me do this." She wined.

"Tell me now, or this is over." I said sternly, trying to make my own feisty self-conscience agree with my choice.

"You have to promise me you won't hurt Park, if I tell you." She warned, already foreshadowing who kissed who.

"I can't promise that." I spat.

"He ki-" She started.

"That's it." I shrieked and stood up faster than Violet could reaction.

"No! Don't!" She begged, as she grabbed hold of my ankle to stop
me. She quickly got up to her feet and raced to the door. With that, she stood there guarding it.

"Get out of the way." I ordered, trying to hold back my anger. Fighting with Violet was like fighting with a child, with every word I spoke I quickly regretted the tone.

"No. You can't just kill everyone who bugs you, because you know what will happen if you do? He will die here and be stuck here. That means he will always be around me then. You can't do this okay?" She pleaded with her last strings of hope.

"Okay." I finally admitted.

"See? It's better if we just scare them out of here, then they won't come back and you'll never have to see Park again." She noted, but I quickly winced at his name.

"Okay, but one condition, we get them out of here tonight." I compromised.

"Deal." She laughed, leaving out her hand for me to shake.

"Deal."

Get ready, Park. Tonight you're in for a treat.

-
-

*Violets POV*

At midnight we gathered all the house guests to plan out our scare. My dad decided to be the so called 'leader' and rallied everyone up.

As cheesy as it sounded, I was sure it would work.

In the end, Nora and Thaddeus were basement duty. Ben, Vivian, and Moira were kitchen. Chad, Hayden, and Patrick were the second floor. Travis, Elizabeth, Troy, Bryan, and Larry's girls were first floor. And Tate, Beau, and I were in the attic. The rest of the ghosts were scattered around the house.

Once Tate and I made our way to the attic to accompany Beau, we waited until it was one.

12:48

I knew it was going to be the longest twelve minutes of my life-I mean 'afterlife'.

After all of our past, it almost seemed like it drew us closer, but at the same time, drove us apart. As we sat shoulder-to-shoulder, I couldn't ignore
the uneasy feeling rising in my stomach.

"So..." Tate started, as we sat on the old, rickety attic wood. His dark eyes staring into mine.

"Do you think they will really move out?" I asked, hoping to cut the awkward silence.

"Probably, Park seems like the kind of guy who would rather be saved than saving someone else." He stated, as bitterness filled every word.

"You don't know that." I argued, hoping not to seem like I was defending Park, but by Tate's look, I obviously was.

"Let's just quit arguing, okay?"He mumbled as he pressed his fingers against his eyelids. "What happened to us, Violet? We never used to fight, but here we are acting like we've been married for forty years."

He was right. This wasn't us. I wasn't supposed to act all giddy and girly, while he wasn't supposed to act jealous and evil. Something had changed in us. As many times as I shut my eyes, hoping it would clear away this weird feeling, it quickly came back with a sting.

"I just want to start over. I want to be what we were before I died. Two hopeless romantics watching YouTube and playing board games all day, with the occasional smoke here and there. Let's be the couple we loved." I exclaimed, hoping my heart would sync back into tune.

"Yeah, let's be that couple again." He said willingly as he gripped my hands tight.

Suddenly, dragging us back into reality, my stopwatch buzzed.

It was 1:00.

"Time to scare." Tate grinned as he leaned in for a kiss, making my heart flutter like individual butterflies.

-
-

4/1

Hey guys(:

Hope you like this chapter a lot! So sorry it was shorter than usual. I have finals today and tomorrow, but hopefully I will try to squeeze in another update for tomorrow(:
Thank you again so much for 2.7k reads? That's amazing guys! Thank you.

Please comment and vote if you want an update either tomorrow or Thursday(:

Xoxo
McKenna