Chapter 5

*Violets POV*

"Is it true?" I squeaked, trying everything in my will to stop crying, but the tears kept coming. They felt warm against my frigid face.

Why was I doing this to myself? It was just making everything worse. If only I hadn't taken the pills...but no. I'm stuck here now...forever...with him. No. No. No. I couldn't do that. I began to trembled uncontrollably. I will be stuck here for eternity.

He gracefully rested his hand on my shoulder. "Vi-"

"Goddammit, Tate. Just tell me. I'm done with this 'everything will be okay' shit, because it obviously is not." I grumbled.

"Okay. Okay. Fair enough. Yes, I did-" I began to weep. "It was a few months after you told me to go away. I just became so lonely...and you obviously told me to leave...forever. So when Hayden became a situation...I was so stressed and I missed you so much...I thought if I was with her atleast I would feel something...you know? I know I'm an idiot and we are probably done for good but-" He sighed while trying to hold my hand.

"DONT TOUCH ME."I yelped. "We are done." I scurried downstairs as fast as I could.

-
-

"Calm down, dear. So what happened?" Moira's calm voice relaxed my tense muscles.

"Well...I was just so lonely...I decided to let Tate-"

"Oh dear! That boy is trouble. In my early years, I had one just like him. He cheated on me multiple times, with multiple women, breaking my heart. Men are rats. Don't trust them. Stay with your family. Meet some of the other house guests. And most importantly...No. Tate." She stated and then embraced me for a hug. She smelled like coco beans and firewood.

My heart went how to Moira. She was so close to getting to leave this dreadful hellhole, but she got it ripped away from her hands.

"Thank you, Moira." I murmured and quietly walked away.

-
-

I decided to make my way to the brick windowsill. I loved the way the warm sun tickled across my pale skin. This was the only thing that tricked my mind into thinking I was still alive.

Re-focusing into reality, I heard footsteps coming near me. Opening my eyes, I saw Constance with a handful of cookies in her hands.

They we probably poisoned again.

"Oh...Hey Constance..." I stated flatly.

"Hello, dear. I made some cookies for you and the rest of the residents." She uttered, while leaning the platter of cookies into my lap.

"Um...If you've forgotten, we're dead. We can't eat." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, right dear! Sometimes I forget. My old mind hasn't been working the same as it used to. Well if you don't mind I'm going to say hi to Beau." She said, making her way into the kitchen without relying on my permission.

"Cocksucker." I mumbled quietly and giggled. Reminding myself of Tate, I quickly resumed to my solemn face. No more Tate.

-
-

*Tates POV*

"Tate? It's your mother. Please come and see me." Her annoying wining made me wince. God, what didn't she get when I said go away?

"You're no mother of mine." I hissed, making myself appear in the hallway.

"My baby..." She screeched as she latched her arms around my neck, forcing an unwanted embrace.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tell me why you really came here." I sneered.

"Well...It's about your son." She winced as if the words were poison in her mouth.

-
-

Hey guys(:

Hope you like this update!
I noticed I had not introduced the other characters, so I included some into this one!
Please comment and vote if you want another update(:

Xoxo
McKenna🌿