Chapter 13

*Violets POV*

"What?" He stuttered while his jaw hung lower than his face. "How is it even possible? How did you die?"

"Well, I don't know how it works, but if you die on this property...you kind of stay here?" I mumbled.

"Were you murdered?" His eyes lit up like a birthday candle.

"No. I actually...committed suicide." I stated, looking down to avoid the shame that infused his eyes.

"But why?" He quietly asked, knowing this was a fragile topic.

"I just was done. Done going to school. Done with the bullying. Done with the pain. I guess I look back now and realize it was a selfish mistake, but there is no second chances here."

"Well...How do I know you aren't lying?" He queried with an uneasy glare.

"Do you have something sharp?" I asked annoyed that he wouldn't believe me.

"Yeah. Hold on." He swiftly got up and made his way to the bathroom to retrieve a shaving razor. "Here." He stuttered, while handing the sharp object to me.

In one quick movement, I grabbed the blade and raced it across my neck. Blood spilled a little, but my lethal curse quickly covered the wound and left a white scar.

"Believe me now, genius?" I stated.

His eyes filled with disbelief. "But how?"

"Don't ask me, kid. I don't make the rules. I just know that I am stuck here for eternity."

"That sucks."

"Yeah. Yeah it does."

-
-

*Tates POV*

"Do you think they screwed?" Hayden gossiped, while we spied on Park and Violet from the hallway.

"God, no." I stated, trying to believe my own words.

"Well if I was you, lover boy, I might make a move, before he sweeps in and takes her from you." She stated, while running her scaly hands through her hair.

"Do you think he likes her?" I asked, hoping to get the answer I wanted to hear.

"Seriously?" She rolled her eyes.

"What?"

"She is drop-dead gorgeous. Of course he likes her-I mean who wouldn't? That's why I was saying you better make a strong move."

"Like what?"

"I have something in mind." She mumbled as she inter-winded her fingers into mine, and guided me to the attic.

-
-

*Violets POV*

The red, digital clock read 12:00am. All the ghosts decided to meet in the living room to talk. Group talk. With my dad.

Obviously, since my dad was a touching subject at the moment, I found myself lingering through the halls to escape the consoling session.

"Hey." Tates voice emerged through the silence behind me. Startled, I spun around.

"Oh, hey." I whispered, trying not wake the residents.

"I feel like you're falling out of love with me." He blurted out, but I could tell he was cringing at his own cheesy-ness.

"Why would you say that?"

"You've been distant, again-hanging out with Park and all. I just feel like you have lost your feelings for me."

"I love you. That will never change, okay? I love you, Tate." I stated while wrapping my hands around his shoulders.

"I love you, too." He muttered, while pinning kisses down my cheek. "I made some dinner up in the attic. Even though we don't eat, it's nice. I put up candles and everything." He beamed.

I smiled as I interlocked my finger with his, but deep down I couldn't believe my own words.

I did feel like I was drifting apart from Tate. I was falling out of love with him.

And even worse, I was beginning to like Park.

-
-

3/24

Hey guys!

OMG 800+ reads? 100+ votes?
I couldn't thank you guys enough! I'm so glad you like this story(:

Please comment your thoughts on what's going on now!

Xoxo,
Mckenna💖