Chapter 11

*Violets POV*

Today was the day. Multiple cardboard boxes filled the malicious house as the new home owners decorated their new property.

From the attic, I could hear the sounds of Fleetwood Mac playing. They must be really into music.

"How long do you think they will last?" I questioned while drawing another card from the Go-Fish pile.

"Not long. I hope." Tate stated flatly while lying down another book of cards. "Four queens." He announced proudly.

"Why do you say that?" I asked while the curiosity inside me coursed through my bones.

"Can we not talk about them? I don't see why you are so interested with them They are just normal people. They will probably leave in a few months-or die. And then we will have the house to ourself again, and it will be normal-or as normal as we can get it, okay?" He informed hastily while staring down at his feet.

"Well, I jus-" I started.

"Can you just please quit talking. Let's just play. Who cares about the home owners anyway?" He sighed in frustration.

This was not the Tate I was used to. Something was changed in him. Envy? He was not the same person I was with a week ago.

"I do. I care about the homeowners." I stated and rushed out of the attic.

-
-

*Parks POV*

"Park?" Tanya hollered as the record player boomed from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I yelled back while flipping through some magazines in the living room.

God, this place was so boring. I thought at least I escape at school, but it was full of Gucci purses, skanky clothes, and fake faces. All of the kids were either cokeheads or multi-millionares, I hated highschool.

Grasping me from reality, my mom asked, "Can you take the box by the front door up to your room?" She said more as an order than question.

"Whatever." I huffed. Grabbing the box, I rushed up the stairs before my moms could drag me into another chore.

Setting the box down on my bed, I opened the cardboard to see thousands of my band posters.

"Yes." I whispered while carefully taking out each poster and lying it on my plaid bedspread.

"You must be really into music." A small voice mumbled from behind me, causing me to stumble over the empty boxes and fall down.

Looking up, My eyes met with the quiet voice. It was a girl. She had luscious, chestnut hair that fell right over her shoulders. She was wearing a dark purple sweater with skinny jeans and a floppy, black hat on top. She was gorgeous.

"Umm, yes?" I informed nervously.

"That's cool. What's your name?" She asked while plopping onto my bed.

"Park." I stuttered.

"Violet." She introduced as she held out her hand shake with mine.

"Um, How did you get in here?" I queried quickly.

"I live around the neighborhood. Do you go to Westfield?" She asked, trying to dodge my question.

"Yeah, I do actually? Do you?"

"Nah, I dropped out last year." She said pulling out a lighter from her back pocket. "Do you have a smoke?"

"Uh, yeah." I rambled, searching for the pot in my backpack. "This okay?"
I asked unsurely.

"Yeah." She said as she gracefully grasped the joint from my hand. "So why'd you guys move here?" She questioned, while releasing a smoke.

"The bank was going to take our house away when we lived in Portland." I stated with insecurity. "Why'd you move here?" I asked, trying to steer the attention away from me.

"My dad was cheating on my mom."

"That's awful."

"I know, and the girl was only a few years older than me. My mom came home one day to see them doing it in their bed."

"Wow. That sucks."

"Doesn't everything?" She mumbled. "Well I've got to go. Thanks for the smoke. See you around?"

"Yeah, sure." I stated trying not to act too excited.

-
-

An hour had past and I was almost done with hanging my posters until, I heard the door open. I glanced across the room to see a boy around my age with long, blonde shaggy hair.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked. How was these people getting in?

"Yeah. Stay away from Violet or I swear to God I will smash your face into the stovetop." He threaten and then disappeared before I could reply.

What was going on? Who were these people?

-
-

3/19

Hey guys(:

Hope you like this update!
I really like the character of Park, do you? Comment your thoughts(:
Voting + Commenting = new update!

Xoxo,
McKenna