Chapter 1

*Violets POV*

I missed everything. My bed. My music. My journal. My blades. My dog. Being dead, you couldn't do anything, except sit in your thoughts.

The house has been empty for over 2 years. No one dared to even have a showing, especially after the last families reaction.

"Violet!" Vivian screamed from downstairs.

"Coming, mom." I mumbled, as I jumped off the brick windowsill and pressed my cigarette against the back of my cold hand, trying to feel something. Shit. Nothing happened. That was one thing about being dead I hated the most, you couldn't feel shit. It was just one, long ass tunnel to nowhere. I fumbled downstairs to see John and Vivian in the rocking chair.

"Oh great, sweetie. Could you hold him for a moment? I've been rocking for hours."

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever." I said trying to manage a smile. I gently rocked my baby brother in my hands. It stills blows my mind, that John would never get to be normal. If our family could be normal. He will always be stuck as a newborn. Never getting to experience talking or walking. Always not getting to speak his mind or even ask for something. I felt terrible, if I had only warned my parents earlier, maybe John could have had a real life. Without me of course.

Suddenly, I felt a weird sensation of being watched. I glanced behind me and nothing was there obviously. But at that moment I knew exactly who was watching.

It was him.

Tate Langdon. The killer. The ghost. The rapist. The physco path. The same Tate Langdon that I listened to The Ramones with; the same Tate that kissed my scars. If only I could forget about him.

But I didn't have that kind of luck.

-------------------------

*Tates POV*

She was so beautiful. Her luscious brown hair fell perfectly over her face as she rocked John. If only I wasn't such an idiot, she could be in my arms right now, but I ruined her life. Her familys' life. Everyones. And now I will have to stay like this for eternity.

Suddenly, she turned around and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Vi. I'm so sorry. I was such an idiot. I never meant to-" Then I realized, she never wanted to see me again. She couldn't hear me. She didn't want to hear me. She probably wasn't even thinking about me...

Rage filled my every bone. Hate swarmed through my frigid veins. "LISTEN TO ME, VIOLET. GODDAMMIT!" I shrieked right in front of her, but she didn't even react. She just cradled the baby. Though, John started to cry. I was a monster that needed to be locked in a cage forever.

"It's okay, John. Comon' lets go to your room now." She said gracefully and headed over to his room. She would have made such a wonderful mother.

In a different life, we could have gotten married, moved to the city, had a cool-ass apartment and gone to concerts. We could have traveled the world together and then maybe we'd settle down and have a few kids. We could have done so much, but I screwed all of that up, because I'm so fucking selfish.

If only...

--------------------------------------

Hay guys!
It's McKenna(((: I really hope you like this book. IK I'm not very popular on Wattpad, but I hope you like it.💖