Chapter13

I'm going to start putting the author's notes at the end instead, just so that I can add any extra notes just at the end instead of the beginning telling you about my sad life (because I never have anything else to do) and then adding notes about any possible mistakes, blahblahblah and shit. So, uhm, yeah....ENJOY!

-Talor<3

----------------------------------------

Chapter13

I pulled away, my hand still at Tristan's cheek. He opened his eyes, that familiar sparkle that used to shine there with happiness. He smiled gently, showing me his dimples. I smiled back at him, a satisfying feeling settling in my stomach. I'd done what I needed to do.

"I love you, Andrea," he breathed.

I ignored him as I adressed something he'd said earlier. "You're wrong."

He frowned. "What? Yes, I do, Andrea. I love you,"

I shook my head. "Not about that."

"Then wha-?" His cut off his own question in confusion.

"Not a single part of my heart belongs to Caden." I said simply, looking deep into his eyes.

His eyes lit up again and smiled gently again before pressing his lips softly to mine again.

-----------------------------------

The next few months consisted of me working as a maid and I'd switched talking to Caden and Millie for seeing Tristan. I spoke to Caden every now and then and Natalia was as enthusiastic as ever, already planning the wedding. I would always just roll my eyes and laugh along with it, ignoring the feeling that told me that I hoped what Natalia was saying was true. I would never admit that though. I'm still so young.

It had been four months since I'd started working here and I was once again eating with the Royal family every evening again and always showed up at the right time. I was happy that I was finally doing my job right, that I finally had some structure. Add to the fact that my sister was here and I'd finally had my eyes opened to what I wanted in life.

It never occured to me that I hadn't been entirely supportive after Caden had hyperventilated, but the moment when I'd panicked because I hadn't checked on him, Millie had been quick to reassure me that he was perfectly fine.

Today was Thursday and I was frantically scrubbing dishes to be done with the boring job when the King came bursting into the kitchen looking particularly worried about something.

A frown immediately made its way to my face. He ignored the way that he made the other workers flustered and they all avoided his gaze while he looked around the room until his eyes found me. He strode over and grabbed my arm. I began to protest but my words were cut short when he tugged on my arm to get out of the kitchen, causing me to stumble slightly. He violently shook his head when I frowned and tried to struggle. Panic shot through me. What could be happening?

King Tyler let go of my arm as soon as we were out of the kitchen and with a quick "Follow me", he strode off in an agitated gait while I hurried to keep up. Reaching his study, he gestured to the seat opposite the desk. I sat down, my legs suddenly feelinglike they'd turned into lead. Taking in a deep breath, I tried to ignore the negative assumptions shooting through my mind. Surely I was sitting here for a good reason?

"Now, Andrea, I'm sure you're aware of the situation you're in?" He questioned, leaning his arms on the desk in front of him, his long fingers folded together.

I shook my head earnestly, feeling my stomach flip in panic.

"Well it's come to my attention that you have taken some what of an attraction to someone above your status."