Chapter11

Here's another chapter guys:D I'm loving how many reads I'm getting on this story, so hyped up about it, it's amazing!(: I'll try to make this chapter pretty long. Natalia on the right!

-Talor<3

--------------------

Chapter11

That evening went slowly; much slower than I'd hoped it to. When it came to the end of the feast, Natalia had stayed behind to talk to me while I helped clear everything away, trying to talk to me about the situation between me, her brother and Tristan. It didn't help. It only involved me telling her everything that had happened, but it didn't make me feel any better. It just made me feel miserable about the whole situation.

What made it worse was the fact that I knew I would feel even more bad if I continued to talk to the both of them. So I would continue my days ignoring the fact that they both existed.

The next morning, I got up at my usual time, got ready and headed to the castle gardens. I half-hated that it was Saturday. There wasn't much for me to do, and I knew that ignoring Tristan and Caden was going to be much harder.

Sitting on one of the benches by the fountain that I had sat on with both men at some point or other, I lay back against the hard wood and closed my eyes. The gentle breeze around me was comforting and ruffled my hair and my dress. Today, it was a pale lilac one, a square neckline and tight, long sleeves. The skirt felt straight to the floor and dragged behind me a tiny bit as I walked.

I was relaxing against the sound of surrounding leaves and trees being rustled and the warm sun on my face when I was aware that someone was now sitting next to me on this bench.

Opening my eyes, I looked to the left of me, where the pressure seemed to come from. Of course, Caden was sitting there.

I groaned internally, not wanting to come across as rude to someone that ruled over me; especially someone who could fire me.

"Hello, Prince Caden," I greeted him politely.

"Can we walk?" He asked. I nodded and got to my feet and we started walking through the gardens at a steady pace.

We were walking in silence before Caden broke it.

"Andrea, I do beg of you to stop being so formal with me. We need to sort out what is going on between us at the moment," he said, looking at me with an expression in his eyes that I couldn't quite place.

"I agree. Although I must point out that we've known each other for barely a week, we can't have feelings for each other. What we have talked about in the past, what has happened, none of it matters." I said curtly. If pushing him away was what I had to do to protect us all, then that's what I must do.

"I thought almost exactly the same. So I proposed to Millie," he announced quietly, cringing back a little when I turned my head immediately to face him. My jaw dropped open and I wasn't entirely sure what to say. I was afraid to say anything, as the anger that boiled up inside of me was enough to make me talk in an extremely colourful way. "The wedding shall be in a month."

My jaw dropped a little bit more, though I hadn't thought it possible. My politeness went down the drain and I stopped in my tracks. Caden mimicked my actions and came to a stand still in front of me.

"A month?" I demanded, my eyebrows raised.

Caden nodded his head timidly. "Yes. I thought you should know."

I ignored that fact and blurted, "What's wrong with you?!"

His eyes widened and he straightened his back a little bit in shock. "Excuse me?" He gasped.