Chapter8

Chapter8 is Dedicated to readingqueen12 as she was the first one to vote on the last chapter. Realistically, I shouldn't write this because I haven't had much sleep over the weekend, and even though it's only half 7 right now, my eyes are actually stinging and watering from exhaustion. Over two nights, I've only had 12 hours sleep; I can normally get that in only one night! Anyways, I hope you enjoy it; no more votes will be needed to get the next chapters. Those were just to get the story started and I love all of the people who have stuck with me. The King on the right; I love you all!<3

------------------

Chapter8 -Tristan's POV-

"You did what?" I asked, uncertain if I had heard right or not, my breathing having turned heavy. There was a sick feeling settling in the pit of my stomach, a vague burning up the front of my throat and my jaw clenched itself shut in anger. So this is what jealousy feels like..

Caden gulped and ran a hand through his hair, clearly unsure of what to say. "I kissed her," he repeated.

I blinked a couple of times and then stared at the floor. I didn't know how to respond. Instead, I turned on my heel and began storming away.

"Tristan, wait!" Caden called after me, but I waved him off.

"I don't wanna hear it!" I picked up my pace and went inside through a door closest to me, slamming it behind me. My breathing started getting heavier, like it always did whenever I got annoyed or angry at something.

I went straight to my room and fell onto my bed. "Argh!" I put my head in my hands and ran my hands through my hair in annoyance.

Many things were running through my head at the moment and I half wished I had never met Andrea. I wished she had never come to work here. She was complicating everything; the friendship between me and Caden, emotions that I've never had before and the fact that I had no idea what to do about it.

I need to talk to Andrea.

-Andrea's POV-

I was peacefully asleep after having cried my eyes out when there was someone knocking on the door so loud that it woke me up. My eyes felt weird having tears dried without being wiped away, but I didn't care. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

Reluctantly dragging myself off my bed, I resisted the urge to shout at whoever was attempting to knock the door down...or at least that's what it sounded like.

I opened the door to see a very annoyed Tristan.

"What's hap-" I started, but he cut me off.

"You kissed him?" Tristan was glaring at me in a way that made me feel so uncomfortable that his anger was directed at me.

"What?" How did he know about that already?"

"You. And Caden. You kissed him," I really didn't like the frustration in his voice; it scared me slightly.

"It clearly didn't mean anything. He has a girlfriend. I've only known him for three days," I defended myself, knowing that my actions didn't make me look the most innocent. "Besides, he kissed me, not the other way around."

"But you didn't stop it." Tristan's voice had gone flat, and it made him sound emotionless. I hated to see him like that. What I didn't hate was that I quite liked the fact that he was jealous....over me. It sent butterflies to my stomach in happiness.

"Why do you care?" I asked him, my voice gentle.

Tristan swallowed hard and shifted his feet nervously. He mumbled something that I couldn't make out, which made me frown.

"What?" I asked.

He sighed heavily and repeated himself. "I like you,"

The butterflies in my stomach intesified and a smile made it's way to my face. His eyes lit up and started glistening. "I like you too, Tristan,"

The words were out of my mouth and about 3 seconds later, the light in his eyes died out. "If that was true, you wouldn't have kissed Caden back,"

The smile disappeared off my face and I was suddenly so confused. I couldn't possibly like both of them, could I? That's just wrong..

"In all honesty, Tristan, I don't entirely know what I'm doing. I'm way out of my league doing whatever I try and do other than cleaning and I don't want to get caught up in any of the drama that's going to happen here. Caden and I both agreed that we're just friends and that's all we're ever going to be," I looked Tristan right in the eye and hoped he would believe me. What was I even doing, trying to be with either one of them?

He swallowed again and stepped closer a little. I didn't move away and didn't have to try hard to listen when he whispered his next question. "And what about me?"

"What about you?" I murmured back.

"What am I going to be to you? We can't be just friends, Andrea. I see you and I hate thinking that you could be with someone else, especially the one person that is meant to be my best friend,"

I nodded slightly. "Right now, I don't know what to do with myself. It's all just so confusing. He sends me mixed signs and I get caught up in the moment. And then there's you," I reached up and cradled his cheek with my hand. "You're just so sweet to me," -I kissed his cheek- "and you're like my best friend," -I kissed his other cheek- "and I just don't know what I'd do without you."

Tristan brushed a bit of hair out of my face, brushing my cheek as he did so. A blush rose in my cheeks and I dropped my hand from his cheek like it had burned me. Stepping away, I realised what I was doing.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking suddenly worried. I didn't answer, a million things running through my head and just making me more confused by the moment. "Andrea?"

"I can't..I'm sorry....I just don't know...." I wiped my hand across my forehead in frustration.

"What have I done?" Tristan started to look a bit hurt, but I didn't care. It didn't register enough for me to feel bad.

"Nothing...everything...I don't know!" I threw my hands up in the air in frustration. "It's all just so confusing, and then you come in here and expect it all to be okay and that I'll fall into your arms with little persuasion! Well I can't, Tristan, I'm sorry," more than a little flustered, I walked out of my own room, and took the key with me. He could leave when he wanted.

I walked throughout the castle, trying to find Caden, attempting to wipe the dried tears off my eyes.

I found him, sitting outside where I had left him. Walking over to him, I hoped he wouldn't push me away entirely.

"Why did you do that to me?" I demanded, coming at a stop in front of him.

"Do what?" Caden didn't even look up at me, but answered anyway, staring at the ground in front of me.

"Why did you kiss me and then push me away like someone that had formed another head?"

I could see him thinking hard before answering me. "Because I'm just so confused. I have no idea what I'm doing or what's even going on inside my own head at the moment."

"I feel the same, but I'm not doing what you did to me," I lied through my teeth, Tristan's devestated face popping into my mind.

"Look, I know what I did was wrong. Maybe if we just steer clear of each other for a while...everything might sort itself out," he suggested.

"Yeah maybe..." I trailed off and then made up my mind.

I stormed away from him and ignored him when he called after me. I went straight back to my own room to find Tristan had left. Walking to the end of my bed, I opened up my trunk and started repacking everything.

Only three days here and I already wanted to leave. Just my luck.

But that's what I'm doing.

Leaving.