Chapter7

Here's the next chapter! I love all you people who's voted and supported me:D So I hope you enjoy! 13 votes and I'll update, the first one to vote I will dedicate the next chapter to. Caden on the right!<3

------------------------------------

Chapter7

-Tristan's POV-

I ate dinner in silence tonight and let Andrea do most of the talking. She spoke to everyone, mostly Natalia, and I just kept to myself. I kept watching whenever her and Caden shot each other looks of..longing? Every time I saw it, a pang of jealousy would shoot through me and I would grind my teeth together in annoyance. I wanted to say something to Caden, to tell him how I felt, but it was clear that he had Andrea wrapped around his finger. Did Andrea know that Caden had a girlfriend?

Andrea had been the first person that I had ever had feelings for since I went out with Rebecca. We'd gone out for 3 years, and broke up a year ago. Yes, that was my fault because I'd cheated on her, but I'd been drunk and hadn't known what I was doing. It's the reason why we don't talk any more. Not long after we'd broke up, her family business had gone completely down the drain and she had ended up needing work. Obviously, I'd offered her a place here, but that was through guilt.

Andrea was someone who I could be friends with and if we ever got together, we'd be like best friends and a couple at the same time. She made me laugh and already, I felt like I could tell her everything. Despite the fact that I'd only known her for 3 days, I felt head over heels for her. The only problem was that I could see that Caden was doing the same.

As soon as dinner was over, I remained sitting in my seat while I watched Andrea walk out of the room. My eyes were pretty much mesmorised; she looked beautiful. By the time she was out of sight and I gained enough will power to look away from the direction in which she had walked, Caden had somehow disappeared as well. I sighed and pulled myself to my feet.

"Tristan?" I turned to look at the direction of the voice. Natalia was standing not far behind me and was looking at me with an expression of sympathy on her face. "You really like her don't you? Andrea, I mean,"

I nodded and ran a hand through my hair in both frustration and confusion.

"Why don't you tell her?"

I looked up at her, my eyebrows half raised. "Oh yeah, I can see how great that would turn out," I said sarcastically, "Especially since she clearly likes Caden,"

"She might like Caden, but she doesn't think he likes her. Maybe she'll give up hope and realise her love for you?"

I scoffed. "Sure, like that'll happen,"

Natalia shrugged. "You never know."

And with that, she skipped off, leaving me with bitter comments swirling around in my mind at the thought of Caden and Andrea being together.

Without realising it, I had started slowly walking towards her room. About halfway there, I noticed what I was doing and wanted to kick myself for it. What would I do when I got there? What would I say? 'Hey, Andrea. I know you're in love with the Prince and everything, but let's face it; I'm so much better looking than him and I don't shout at you just because you asked a question. Plus, don't tell him that I told you this, but I think he's gay, so come into my arms and I promise you won't wanna leave -wink and waggle of the eyebrows'  Uh, N to the O.

I sighed heavily and slumped down on one of the plush sofas that were scattered in most hallways. Slouching back, I tried to figure out all of the things that were wrong with Andrea..........

...........

................................

She's in love with someone else.

That's the only thing.

Oh brilliant.

Oh yeah, and the fact that she's so heart-breakingly beautiful that I want to cry myself to sleep, right here, right now. Yes, on this sofa.

I heard distant footsteps and they were clearly running. Though I could quite clearly melt in my own misery right now, I wanted to see what was going on. Curiosity had always gotten the best of me.

The person was coming more into view.

Andrea.

Even from here, she looked upset. I immediately stood up in alarm while she ran past me; a closer look at her face told me that she was close to tears.

"Andrea!" I called after her. She completely ignored me and carried on running.

I followed her all the way to her room, shouting every now and then, but every time she wouldn't reply. It was almost like she was in a bubble of nothing but hurt and pain, like she couldn't hear anything or anyone outside of this bubble.

She'd slammed her door shut and about 3 slow seconds later, I could hear her crying. I so wanted to burst in and comfort her, but what could I say? I didn't know what had caused her pain.

Sighing heavily, I slumped down on the floor, leaning against her door. I bent my knees and leant my elbows on them, rubbing my hands down my face in exhaustion, confusion and helplessness.

I sat like that for about 20 minutes, just listening to her soft sobbing, each heave of breath making my heart break a little bit more at her pain. After that 20 minutes, her crying died down and there was silence. She'd probably fallen asleep.

I needed to walk somewhere, a sudden feeling of agitation at the thought of sitting down, being so still. Without realising it, I knew the exact person that I wanted to see, and started walking to where I knew he would most likely be.

I wanted to talk to Caden.

-Caden's POV-

I watched her run away from me with my mouth slightly ajar in shock. What had I just done?! I couldn't let myself fall for that girl!

I went over to a bench and sat down, putting my head in my hands.

What if I was falling for Andrea? Could I stop it?

What if I couldn't?

I groaned out loud. "How could I be so stupid?!"

"What did you do this time?" Natalia's voice made me jump.

I sighed. "It's Andrea,"

Natalia nodded and looked as if she'd already known which girl was driving me completely insane. "I could have guessed."

"Well yeah, you told me,"

She shrugged and started to walk off.

"Wait, wait, I didn't mean it like that." I started, getting her to turn around and come back to me.

"So come on, what did you do to her?" She folded her arms and looked me dead in the eye.

I sighed. "I kissed her,"

From somewhere, I heard a sharp intake of breath and a noise that sounded half-strangled, except it didn't come from Natalia's mouth.

I looked around me, and found the only other person that was out here.

-Tristan's POV-

I stayed quiet while I listened to their conversation, not hiding, but also not making myself known to them.

"So come on, what did you do to her?" I heard Natalia ask and watched at she folded her arms at him.

Caden sighed. "I kissed her,"

The noise that came from my mouth I didn't realise I would ever have been able to make. It sounded like a cat that was being strangled and whacked against a dust bin or something.

All I fully knew, as Caden turned to stare around him and finally saw me, was that my heart felt like it had been broken into a million pieces.