Chapter5

Okay, so I know I didn't get the asked amount of votes but it's been ages since I uploaded, so here it is! Just 7 votes and I'll upload a new chapter. The first person to vote, I will fan and dedicate the next chapter to(: I don't care if that makes me sound like a beg, it's a win-win situation<3 Elizabeth on the right!

Chapter5

I awoke the next morning filled with a strange satisfied feeling. Here at the palace, I didn't have to wake up until 8:30 and it made such a difference to how I used to feeling. Already, I felt relaxed and more refreshed. But that didn't mean that I didn't like working for My La-sorry, Anne..anyway, I'd loved working for her, but I could easily get used to this.

Something else I had noticed in my one day here, was that everyone and everything was so...modern, I guess is the word. Everything was technological and everyone's speech was so informal, whereas where I had grown up was old-fashioned and I had been taught to talk properly. I knew that it would all wear off on me soon, but for now, it was all new and would continue to shock and amaze me.

I got dressed in one of my maid uniforms, brushed my hair and teeth and pulled all of it back in a loose ponytail. It all took me no longer than 20 minutes, and by the time I was finished, I was once again left with my thoughts with 40 minutes to spear before having to start work. I'd asked Tristan why everyone started work so late here, and apparently it was because the King and Queen enjoyed waking up late and considered the fact that there truly was no need for people to get up at 5 in the morning just to clean and polish everywhere when they could effectively take part and do some of it themselves.

Just as I looked at my watch and saw that I had 37 minutes left, there was a knock at the door. I scrambled up to get it, half hoping that it would be Prince Cad-wait, what am I thinking?! I can't develop feelings for the Prince, can I?!

I opened the door to reveal a smiling Tristan. "Hey," I smiled and stood aside to let him in.

"Hello, gorgeous," he grinned back at me, looking like an innocent child. I rolled my eyes and nudged him; you see what I mean about the informality?

"Tristan, you know that's not really the right way to talk to someone who's supposedly beneath you," I pushed him out the door in front of me, shut it and locked it, shoving the key in one of my pockets.

"You're not beneath me, Andrea. You just work for the family I live with, is that so hard for you to accept?" Tristan made me take his arm again and he started walking me somewhere.

"Yes...well, no...but-Argh!" I threw my hands up in frustration...well, the one of them, because Tristan was holding the other arm against his chest. "I don't know. I just am, okay?"

"How are you? We're all people aren't we?"

"Yeah, but-"

"No but's. You shall do what I say, Wench, and I say quit complaining." He'd sounded pretty serious, I looked at him in shock, only to find me staring at a grinning Tristan. He was joking, of course.

I chuckled at him. "Where are we headed anyways?"

"Hmm, it's a surprise," he said, trying to be mysterious.

"But I've got to get to work!" I protested.

Tristan shook his head. "Nuh-uh! You're my friend, and therefore, you don't need to work."

"But I need the money," I tried to pull away from him, but the second I did, Tristan tightened his grip on me.

"You're not going anywhere, sweetheart. I'm allowed to let our workers have days off. I have my own section of the castle, and as we will be going there now, they can't really tell you off,"