The first proper meeting

"All I'm saying is that he has a point."

"All I'm saying is that no good will come from it, house elves were meant to be like that. They were meant to serve!"

"They were meant to live!"

"That's all they know how to do! All they ever will!"

"Fine," Molly snapped. "You don't have to come to the meeting if you don't want to, but be aware that some people want to change things for the better, unlike you they actually care about things."

"Fine, I'm coming anyway, just to contradict Apollo," Grantaire snapped back. Bahorel and Montparnasse were left hanging in the middle between the two siblings.

"Well I think that this Enjolras seems like a prat, so I'm staying here," Montparnasse stated.

"Awe, you're no fun. I'm going just to see a good fight," Bahorel smirked.

"I'm going now," Molly warned them and left with Bahorel and Grantaire following her to the library.

"Hey Molly, I see you've brought two friends," Enjolras stated. "This is-" Enjolras began to introduce the new boy on his left.

"Feuilly, we know," Grantaire grunted and sat back on a chair.

"We're just waiting for Marius and Courfeyrac," Jehan muttered, briefly looking up from his poem.

"What's the poem about?" Molly asked.

"Well, professor Flitwick asked me if I could write a poem about what it's like being in Hufflepuff so the first years next year can get a feel for it," Jehan said slowly and scratched out a line. "So far it's been fruitless."

"I'm sad to hear that," Grantaire mumbled. "Maybe you should make a list of all the things you like about being a Hufflepuff and then categorise them to see what would fit best in the poem."

"That actually seems like a good idea," Jehan complemented Grantaire. "And you are?"

"I'm Grantaire and this is my friend Bahorel," Grantaire said.

"Aren't you normally drunk?" Bossuet asked.

Grantaire narrowed his eyes at him and spoke in a very clear and frustrated tone, "Yes, is that a problem? Are you going to give a lecture on how I'm meant to live my life?"

"Well, no but-" Bosseut tried to apologise.

"Then don't bring it up," Grantaire snarled.

"I'm sure he didn't mean to, everyone says things at inconvenient times," Jehan piped up. Grantaire paused, he liked this first year, he was kind and didn't judge unlike so many before him.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it," Grantaire mumbled and slumped into a chair.

"Now that's sorted," Enjolras muttered to himself. "Who here owns a house elf?" Combeferre, Coufeyrac, Bahorel, Grantaire, Molly and Feuilly raised their hands. "Did you recognise any mistreatment over the holidays?"

"This is beginning to sound like some sorta campaign that's going to fail," Grantaire smirked.

"How do you know it's going to fail?" Enjolras asked and clenched his jaw.

"Why, you're a ickle first year, that's all you are. All we are, are Hogwarts students, what ministry official is going to take us seriously?" Grantaire reasoned.

"They'll see the truth, we'll make them see the truth!" Enjolras exclaimed.

"How? Is the lickle first year gonna throw a lickle tantrum 'cause he can't get his way?" Grantaire asked.

"We'll have to sort it out maturely," Enjolras said firmly.

"Oh yeah, 'cause an adult, lets say the minister, is gonna think a first year can act maturely," Grantaire said sarcastically.

"Why don't you think I can?" Enjolras asked.

"Oh, I know you can't," Grantaire smirked. "Now, if his highness will kindly end this discussion, I'll kindly leave." Grantaire gave an over dramatic bow and left.

"Is he always like this?" Enjolras asked Molly.

"No, just when he's on the topic of house elves," Molly said simply.

"How can he not want equality?" Enjolras asked raising his voice slightly.

"How can you be a hypocrite, you say you want equality but doesn't view other people's opinions as equal as your own," Molly wanted to say but couldn't bring herself to. No matter how much she wanted to, she could never stand up for what she believed in, she was good at living in another's shadow. So she merely shrugged.

Enjolras looked annoyed. You know what, that's an understatement, he was about to hit the next person who spoke to him.

"Uh, Enjolras," Courfeyrac said trying to ease the blond's pain. So he punched him. Just like that. "Ah, what the hell man?!" Courfeyrac was bent over the table holding his nose.

"I don't know, my God Courfeyrac are you alright?" Enjolras asked hurriedly.

"No!" Courfeyrac whined.

"I'll get him to the hospital wing," Lilly mumbled and led Courfeyrac to the hospital wing to be fixed up.

"Right, I think that's the end of that," James' voice said. "You losers have finally lost it!"

"Oh jigger off James!" Molly moaned.

"Jigger what's that supposed to mean?" James smirked.

"Oh you know exactly what it means," Molly told him. "Now get lost!" James smirked and walked off with Peter at his heels.

"I swear he's stalking him," Remus muttered to Molly as he walked past her. Molly smiled at that and turned to Enjolras.

"You ok?" Molly asked him and sat down beside him.

"No, I just hit him for no reason," Enjolras moaned.

"You lost your temper, R wound you up and you lost it. It's not your fault," Combeferre tried to reason with him.

"Yeah, you might have an anger management problem!" Molly exclaimed.

"What?!" Combeferre and Enjolras said in unison.

"Well you know it's not impossible," Molly stated. "Combeferre's right, he knew he was annoying you and he just carried on. But R did have a point."

"Grantaire did not have a point, he was being completely irrational," Enjolras muttered as calmly as he could. "Besides, you and Courfeyrac have wound me up as well, loads of times, and I haven't hit anyone after it." Enjolras put his head in his hands and brought them up to push his hair back.

"Well no but... but... but they weren't arguments about your cause, they were literally just ways to annoy you. Courfeyrac and I would never insult the cause," Molly justified. Enjolras just grunted and left the library. Molly and Combeferre looked on in bewilderment at their confused and tired friend.