We've got a sick family

"I'm so dead, my life is so over, just kill me." Were the words that Bahorel heard Grantaire mumble in his sleep. It has been the same words since as long as Bahorel could remember, just Grantaire almost begging for someone to kill him.

"Help me, kill me already." Every night for the past year, Bahorel couldn't take anymore and he decided to wake him up.

"Wake up, R please wake up. You're talking again," Bahorel muttered into Grantaire's ear and gently rocked him. "R you need to wake up, you can't live like this."

"Then kill me." Was his answer.

"No, I can't do that. You have too much to live for."

"End. Me."

"For God's sake, R, you're the last person I'm gonna end."

"If you were my friend you would."

"What's up with emo kid?" Montparnasse's voice asked and walked over to Grantaire's bed.

"He's not an emo, he doesn't..." Montparnasse produced a knife from under Grantaire's mattress. "Cut." Bahorel looked at his friend sadly and decided to leave him alone. Bahorel climbed back into his bed and made a mental note to tell Molly.

*

Molly waited in the common room, as usual, with her book on vampires for Grantiare and Bahorel. There they were, arguing and shouting at each other as they came down the stairs from their dormitory.

"You know nothing, no one can," Grantaire snarled.

"Make me understand, help me understand," Bahorel said patiently.

"You can't possibly begin to fathom," Grantaire mumbled. "Hey Molly."

"Molly, did you know that R-" Bahorel muttered until Grantaire aggressively put his hand over Bahorel's mouth.

"Shut up," Grantaire warned him and then released him. "Come on let's go to breakfast."

"What were you going to say?" Molly asked Bahorel.

"Oh, I tried to spoil a surprise," Bahorel said with a wave of his hand.

"Yeah it's for your birthday," Grantiare said. "Happy birthday by the way."

"It better make up for my last year's birthday present," Molly murmured to Bahorel.

"What was that? Nothing dear," Molly said and walked out of the common room with the two boys following her and down to the great hall.

"I'll see you later," Molly dismissed them and walked over to Les Amis.

"All I'm saying is that wouldn't it be a bit weird if Molly was behind me right now, which she obviously is because she has an excellent sense of timing," Courfeyrac said.

"Well done for noticing something," Molly mumbled as she sat down between Combeferre and Courfeyrac. "Is something up?" she asked Jehan as he hid something behind his back.

"No, everything's fine," Jehan said.

"Then what's behind your back," Molly asked as she buttered some toast.

"Definitely not a present and card," Bosseut said from behind Jehan. "What are you hiding?" Bossuet tugged the present and card out of Jehan's hand and handed it to Molly. "Happy birthday."

"Was this rehearsed or something?" Molly laughed and opened the card.

"Or something," Enjolras muttered and resumed reading the Daily Prophet.

"Enjolras do something for fun, you might like it," Molly told him. "Thanks for the card. Who made it?"

"Is it obvious?" Jehan asked worriedly.