Chapter Six - "Soft snow, who would have thought?"

Chapter six – "soft snow, who would have thought?"

We made it back just in time. We hurriedly moved around outside trying to climb back into downstairs bathroom window. Once in we separated but not before we shared another look. I smiled too myself as I walked up stairs into my room.

Today completely blew my mind. How different was Missy?! Oh god, I think...I've never seen her like that. I guess her June was right, she wasn't everything I pegged her to be but...maybe it was an act. I shrugged unable to rid the smile from my face. I moved about the room grabbing the dark jeans.

June explained it was semi formal only require I wear suit top which I was quite fine with. Instead of wearing the full on suit top thing I wore just the jacket over top a white sleeved shirt. Coming out the door I noticed Missy standing there waiting patiently. I froze mouth almost falling open.

She stood in a floor length pearl coloured dress, her hair magically looking perfect and her face clear of make-up except her lips which were a succulent red. I folded my bottom lip into my mouth biting down gentle, damn it...she looked so good. Just then she turned to glance at me and she raised a brow.

'semi formal indeed' she said running her eyes over my body once before meeting my gaze.

'you aren't semi formal' I commented and she shrugged lifting up her dress. Expecting to see heels I didn't. No instead I found converses and I smirked.

'nice' I laughed and she smiled letting the dress flow to the ground again.

'didn't really feel like heels tonight, besides I'm on vacation and vacation means relaxing' she stated as we slowly walked down the hall to the stairs.

'converse suit you' I stated and she glanced at me, I tried to hide my genuine smile.

'why thank you...and a half suit suits you'

'oh I know it does' I joked and she laughed grabbing the railing and slowly walked down. I walked behind her, watching her hips sway more than usual. Damn, why had I been avoiding this girl? She was nothing that I pegged her for...I think I've been an idiot!

Half way into the semi formal annual dinner I was bored out of my mind. No one was being interesting, most of the people were old and talking about their businesses. Missy sat across from me texting without anyone knowing...well I knew so...

Her sister was nowhere in sight and her cousins had disappeared too. I sighed sinking further in my seat. When was this going to liven up or better yet...when were we going home?

'alright you lot, dancing time' June declared to the table standing up. I watched as husbands grabbed wives and wives grabbed husbands and I rolled my eyes. They all disappeared, slowly, to the dance floor. I looked at Missy to find her watching me. She blushed and looked away.

'alright you lot, dancing time' I mocked June standing up and holding my hand out to Missy. She laughed looking at me like seriously?

'very funny' she stated standing up but she didn't take my hand, no she walked straight past me swaying her hips again. I silently moaned and followed after her. She turned abruptly when she found the perfect spot on the dance floor. She turned running into me, biting her lip she looked up at me.

'about dancing...' I trailed off and she narrowed her eyes as if guessing where I was leading this.

'what about it?' she asked avoiding eye contact.

'nothing' I sighed knowing not to bring it up right now, at least.

'want to know a secret?' she asked meeting my eyes.