Chapter Twenty Nine

Renne let out a sigh as she stared at the numerous open tabs on her computer and all of the papers strewn all over the breakfast bar counter top in the kitchen. She heard someone come into the room behind her, but didn't think anything of it until the person wrapped their arms around her chest from behind, dropping a kiss on the side of her head. 

          Turning her head, Renne saw that it was Matt. With a smile, Renne placed her hands on his forearms around her chest, leaning back into him. 

          "Workin' on wedding stuff?" He asked, resting his chin on her shoulder as he looked at her computer screen.

          "No, I'm workin' on stuff for the ranch." She turned to stand up, walking into the kitchen to get a drink.

         "You're still letting me pay for the financial stuff, right?" Matt rested his hands on the counter top, watching Renne get some apple juice from the fridge.

         Pouring the juice into two glasses, Renne walked back to the counter, handing Matt a glass. "Well, some of it, but it is my ranch." A small smile pulled on her lips. "Don't worry, though, I am very much lookin' forward to working on stuff for the wedding as soon as I am finished with this." 

          "Good. You know that my parents are goin' to pay for everything, and they have told me repeatedly to tell you to get whatever you want. They want the day to be perfect." 

             Renne sipped on her drink, leaning against the counter. "That's very sweet of them, but I'm not going to let them pay for everything. I can pay for stuff, too, you know. You're not the only one carrying the finances, Matt." There was an unexpected slight edge to her words. Matt, and his family, were very wealthy, and although Renne had a little money, she was broke compared to the Ramon family. 

            "I know, but-" Before Matt could finish, Swayde walked into the kitchen.

             "You ready to go, Reagan?" He asked, not looking at Matt. 

            Renne looked between Swayde and Matt, then back to Swayde. "Uh, yup. Matt, can you please just leave all of my stuff here? I'll finish up when we get back." 

         "Sure." Matt replied with a firm jaw, becoming tense since Swayde walked into the room. "You'll be back by supper, right?" Matt asked. 

         "Yeah." Renne leaned forward, kissing Matt's cheek. "See ya." 

         Swayde walked Renne to his truck. Once inside, he asked, "How's the wedding planning coming along?" 

           "Honestly? The furthest we have gotten is that it will be at Matt's church in Montana." Renne let out a chuckle as she buckled her seat belt.

           Instead of responding, Swayde just nodded his head, continuing his drive to his ranch. He was thankful that Renne was willing to lend a hand to help him with some two person jobs on his ranch, but he knew that too soon she would be married, and back in Montana. That being said, he had to enjoy every moment with her that he had left. 

                                          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "Don't you think that I should get you home? You told Matt that you would be home by supper." Swayde suggested after all their tasks were finished for the day.

         "Swayde, I'm 24. If I decide to have supper here, it's fine." Renne smiled as she pulled out some leftovers from Swayde's fridge. "Plus, we need to eat up these leftovers and if we were to have supper at Mamaw's, we won't eat for another hour or so, and I'm famished."