1.3

when i woke up, my immediate reaction was, "why am i not in my own bed?" then i remembered I'd stayed the night at ashley's. she was curled up in my arms. surprised, but not opposed, i kissed her on the cheek and closed my eyes to try to fall back asleep. i felt her moving in my arms, so i pulled off her.

"good morning," i whispered.

"morning," she returned.

"how'd you sleep?" i asked.

"pretty okay. thanks for staying here. i really needed someone last night."

"anytime, seriously."

"you should probably get going; my dad should be here soon and if he sees a girl in my room, I'll be dead."

"yeah, okay," i sighed. i felt awful that i was the reason she was on a short leash. "text me if you need anything?"

she nodded, "of course."

"alright, see you later."

"see you later," she returned as i closed the door.

i couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach. it felt good to be close to ashley again without arguing. i knew I'd have to earn my way back in her life, but it was worth it for her.

i returned to my dorm, and decided to study. with all of the drama going on recently, my grades had dropped. i needed to maintain good grades in order to stay at that school, and if i got kicked out, my mother would kill me.

after a few hours of schoolwork, I decided to take a break.  it seemed to be the perfect timing, just as i set my homework down, i heard a knock at my door. i sighed, knowing i had to answer the door looking the way i did. my hair was in a bun, strands of it all around my face. i had a old school shirt covered in stains on, and a pair of warn out grey sweatpants. i swung the door open to be faced with both happiness and embarrassment.

"hey ashley, what's up?"

"uh i just thought maybe we could hang out?" i could tell she was nervous, and i could relate. i wanted so badly to prove to her that the way i acted towards her in the past isn't an accurate reflection of who i really am. i wanted to prove to her that i was a good person. i wanted to have a chance with her, because after all we went through, i still had feelings for her.

"yeah, yeah sounds fun. just let me get changed?"

"why? you look cute, and we don't have to go anywhere. we can just stay here and, like, watch a movie or something?"

i could feel myself blushing. i forced myself back to the subject at hand. "yeah, that sounds great."

i sat down on my bed, patting the spot next to me as to invite her to sit down. all of the beds in the dorms were twin-sized, we were forced to sit close, but i wasn't complaining. unfortunately, i hadn't bought a tv for my dorm so we had to watch the movie on my laptop. i pulled my laptop onto my lap, pulling up Netflix and browsing through the movies. after a few minutes of searching, we both agreed on Mean Girls, although i wanted to watch a horror movie.

i'd seen the movie a thousand times, but watching it with Ashley was totally new. hearing her laugh at the cheesy jokes, and get so involved in the plot. i was more invested in watching her enjoy the movie than the movie itself.

by the end of it, we had both fallen asleep. I woke up a few hours later to find us pressed up against each other, her leg over my body and my head in her chest. i looked up at the window, seeing that it had gotten dark already. i gently shook Ashley awake.

"hey," i chuckled as she lifted her head, a yawn escaping her lips. "it looks like we both fell asleep."

"oh," she said sleepily, "damn i wanted to finish the movie."

"we'll make a date to watch the rest another time," i promised with a giggle.

i checked the time on my phone. 6 o'clock.

"we should hurry and get to the cafeteria, or we'll miss dinner."

"I'm not hungry, I'll just go back to my dorm."

"you should eat," i argued.

she sighed, i could practically see the two mini hers arguing in her head. one side saying to fight it and disagree, the other saying to go with me.

"yeah, i guess you're right. I'll go," she finally agreed.

"great, let me change real quick," i said, standing from my bed.

after i changed, we walked downstairs together. it felt nice to be spending time with her again. we didn't have to force anything, making it so much more enjoyable. it felt organic to talk to her.

after dinner, i walked her back to her dorm.

"so can i see you again next weekend? you know, to finish the movie," i asked as we stood in front of her door.

"yeah, I'd like that," she smiled.

i loved seeing her smile. it made my chest feel warm, and i couldn't help but smile too.

"cool, so, see you then," i said as i began to walk away.

"yeah, see you," she returned before disappearing into her dorm.

the walk to my room was filled with thoughts of her. i was so happy to be able to talk to her again without Luna intervening, or uncontrollably hurting her. it was just he beginning of me making everything up to her.

/////
so so sorry for the lack of updates. ive not been feeling the best mentally lately which has put a strain on my creativity, but I'm trying my best to not let that get in the way. anyways, hope you all enjoyed 💕